Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nightwatch wired camera to Wireless Reciever  (Read 18417 times)

sashley

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Nightwatch wired camera to Wireless Reciever
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:14:05 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has tried this. Since the wired nightwatch camera ends with an RCA plug and the wireless receiver has an RCA plug leading to that, would I be able to just buy a Y splitter and hook it up through that? I'm connecting this to a PC and my wireless cameras work, but they just don't see anything at night, so I need to get a more sensitive night camera with less static. But when I saw the adapter for wired cameras to PC's, it was just going to a USB cable, which the wireless reciever is doing anyway. Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:15:37 PM by sashley »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Nightwatch wired camera to Wireless Reciever
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 08:46:41 AM »

Since the wired nightwatch camera ends with an RCA plug and the wireless receiver has an RCA plug leading to that, would I be able to just buy a Y splitter and hook it up through that?

As long as your wireless receiver is on it will be outputting a signal (even when no wireless camera is transmitting). This signal will interfere with the wired camera's signal connected with the Y-adapter. This method will work, but you need to control the power to the receiver and the wired camera so that only one is on at any time.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 06:26:45 PM »

Just a note: I have been using video senders and receivers on appliance modules for some time now.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

sashley

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 09:09:44 PM »

Could you recommend a device that will alternate the power between the two devices?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 09:19:54 PM »

Could you recommend a device that will alternate the power between the two devices?

As Dave_x10_L mentioned, you can use an Appliance Module to control the power to the wireless receiver. To control that Appliance Module, your going to need software like ActiveHomePro. If you only have one wireless camera that has a motion sensor for activation, you could get away with setting the address of the Appliance Module to that of the wireless camera.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.