Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: success and a question regarding camera scanning  (Read 4695 times)

geolog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
success and a question regarding camera scanning
« on: October 17, 2007, 07:52:57 PM »

well took the plunge a started setting up the system got 3flood cams and 3 xcam2.

Success everything worked first time vanguard software installed got pictures from cameras, able to manually switch form camera to camera. so looks like it works.

question

when the motion sensor on a floodcam detects motion the one camera i specify in the setup turns on and displays the picture. Others are turned off.

Is it there away of cycling through the other cameras one at a time and grabbing their picture. I.e. 4 camera system:  camera 1 motion sensor is activated I record 5 secs of camera 1 then go to 2 then 3 then 4 and cycle for say 2 minutes. I have the vanguard software.

thanks

USdangerboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: success and a question regarding camera scanning
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 05:58:38 AM »

I would love to know the answer to this question as well.  I had to write a macro to do this and cycle each camera on every 1 minute unless motion sensor triggers a camera, then switch to that and when the motion stops, go back to the camera scanning macro.  It works, but seems like a difficult way to do something that is probably built in.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.