Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: uninstall plugin?  (Read 35333 times)

cnote

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
uninstall plugin?
« on: October 19, 2007, 09:03:07 PM »

Installed iWitness when I got activehome. No cam or intent for one. Does anyone know how to remove the plug-in? I don't need the overhead or the bitch screen when it doesn't find cam hardware. No uninstaller that I can find.

bvar

Re: uninstall plugin?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 10:25:44 AM »

Same situation with me.  Did you ever figure out how to uninstall the iWatchOut plugin?  Does anyone else know?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 10:02:36 PM »

My guess is the only way is to uninstall AHP completely, delete all .ahx files and all folders associated with AHP. and then do a new install of AHP and create all new files with timers and any macros. Print any of the old files that you wish for a basis for rebuilding your X10 system. Also clear the CM15 before doing anything else.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

LittleLarry

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 12:31:41 AM »

I have this same issue. I would think there would be an ini file or a checkbox for disabling this warning screen as many people like myself must have installed the plugin all at once with the other plugins to make sure the installs worked (especially with the goofy registration -2 -3 -4 -5, etc.) without having cameras purchased yet but who also want to skip the warning box everytime AHP is launched. Perhaps this needs to be a future feature to the software to be able to turn off the warning. I may add a camera someday, but for now the warning is just annoying and I won't be uninstalling AHP to get rid of it. Oh well, at least all the plugins light up neatly upon program startup. I didn't like them greyed out like that, just taunting me, teasing me. Now the plugin icons are in full color, just the way I like them.

Damn warning screen. Kiss my ***.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:35:30 AM by LittleLarry »

twd45

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:34:33 PM »

Hello!
Does anybody at X10 ever read this forum?
How do I uninstall/disable iWatchout?
Uninstalling and reinstalling AHP is totally unacceptable.
Hello!
Is there anybody out there?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 07:08:02 AM »

Most of all the responses you see here are from fellow users and volunteers. X10 may read the threads but don't count on much feedback from them.

I have not looked for this specific problem but have you looked in the X10 knowledgebase wiki?
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 07:10:08 AM by Brian H »

morgansc

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 10:45:04 PM »

I renamed the iwatch plug-in file ( AVX.dll ) in the active home pro folder to aAVX.dll.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:51:11 PM by morgansc »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 07:34:01 AM »

I hope that doesn't screw up AHP itself.  Avx.dll is part of AHP, not iWitness.  I have 3.228 and avx.dll is presnent on my Active Home Pro folder and I don't have ANY of the plugins.

twd45

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 02:49:47 PM »

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Obviously the problem is poor software design. If it can be installed, there MUST be a way to uninstall it. That which annoys me could be resolved even more simply. I get a pop-up informing me that I do not have a camera installed (as if I didn't know). Just a few lines of code could have implemented a simple check box, "Don't show this message again".

I recently had a chat with X10 support. They told me to uninstall/reinstall AHP. That means rebuilding all rooms/modules/macros. For anyone who has spent any amount of time customizing AHP, that is obviously totally unacceptable. I asked the support rep to forward my disgust to AHP marketing, R&D and project managers (if they even exist). I'm not holding my breath.

>*<

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 05:40:47 PM »

Since you only have AHP, it's really easy to uninstall/reinstall.   First, back up your .ahx files (to another drive or a flash drive) clear the CM15A, then uninstall AHP. Then delete the Active Home Pro folder. Reboot the PC, then install just plain AHP (Do NOT install any plug-ins, even if prompted (presuming the download you got has both AHP and   iWatchOut/iWitness in the installer.  If that's the case, you need to call X10 for a new installer that is AHP only.

Look for the original invoice from X10 when you first bought it and see if what you were charged for was AHP plus iWatchOut/iWitness or just plain AHP.

Good Luck!!!

Chasdarwin

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 09:25:06 PM »

I got rid of the annoying IWatch screen by effectively unregistering the app.  There's an XML file "ahp_plugin" in the ActiveHome Pro folder, in my case it looks like this ....

<xml>

<plugin id="AHXHSS" href="ahp.dll"/>

<plugin id="AHXANT" href="ant.dll"/>

<plugin id="AHXAVX" href="avx.dll"/>

<plugin id="AHXAMO" href="ahp.dll"/>

</xml>

I used WordPad to edit out the line referencing AHXAVX.  AHP now fires up showing IWatch as "Unregistered" and no more warning popup.   No warranty of course, but everything else seems to be working fine.

Chaz

WildBill47

• Helpful Post Rating: 18
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 10:34:15 PM »

That seems to work perfectly, I did maek a back-up of the file before I edited it incase I ever want to go back to it, I just called it ahp_plugin_xml.bak so I would remember the extension down the road...

Thanks for the tip Chaz!

I got rid of the annoying IWatch screen by effectively unregistering the app.  There's an XML file "ahp_plugin" in the ActiveHome Pro folder, in my case it looks like this ....

<xml>

<plugin id="AHXHSS" href="ahp.dll"/>

<plugin id="AHXANT" href="ant.dll"/>

<plugin id="AHXAVX" href="avx.dll"/>

<plugin id="AHXAMO" href="ahp.dll"/>

</xml>

I used WordPad to edit out the line referencing AHXAVX.  AHP now fires up showing IWatch as "Unregistered" and no more warning popup.   No warranty of course, but everything else seems to be working fine.

Chaz

x10dude

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 05:25:41 PM »

My problem was a little different. The latest version of AHP would fault every day or two. Then, I had to restart my computer to get it to load again. Obviously, I couldn't rely on AHP 24/7. I did some debugging and discovered that it was the driver for the VA12a USB video adapter that was causing the problem, so I went to AHP 3.228 to see if that would fix it. The problem persisted.

By doing the fix suggested here (removing the plug in from the XML file), I can now load AHP w/out the VA12a driver. I'm hoping that AHP can run more reliably now. It seems that the plug-in loads the driver regardless of whether you have the device mounted or not.

For the time being, all X10 cams and VA12 adapter are just collecting dust since I can't use them reliably with any AHP version.  ???

tallelf78

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »

seriously?!? does anyone have any camera's with motion sensors working?

i have been using Vanguard with limited success but I want more control over the whole home automation system so i "upgraded" to AHP/Pro (w/ all plugins) cameras won't switch based on motion or record stills/video at all(I can manually switch and view, but all macros don't work)

any ideas? i've tried both v.326 and v.228

raster69273

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 06:51:50 PM »

probably looking at an RF range issue with the CM15A not being able to "hear" the motion sensors. try moving it to a different outlet or maybe do a search for range modifications to the CM15A.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.