Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard Internet Control Software Don't Work  (Read 27895 times)

JerryLB

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
Vanguard Internet Control Software Don't Work
« on: October 21, 2007, 07:08:41 PM »

I have had a Vanguard For about 3 months, during the 3 months I have only been able to control the camera using the remote. This is CONTRARY to as Advertised. When hooked up to the TV I can understand the Remote Control. But, when on the PC screen and loaded into the Internet Control Software. All Those button at the bottom of the screen just sitting there waiting to be used, and I can only use two of them. I can do Snapshots andd Make Movies. I can't Pan, Tilt, Zoom, Focus, adjust the Iris. I can't even do that Advertised Digitial Zoom. Can't click on the screen to move the Camera.
Also the setup feature doesn't want to remember settings like Auto Focus, as soon as I shut down setup it goes back to manual.
I'm running M$2k Pro, 500megs Ram P5 3.0ghz 750gb hard drive space Dual Core Asus

Thanks in advance for any an ALL help with this Nightmare.

Saber Dog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Vanguard Internet Control Software Don't Work
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 10:01:38 PM »

I'm having the same problem. But I think I got the right answer. I have a video receiver which does not transmit. My hand held camera remote works fine because it transmits. The snapshot and video buttons relate to the computer, so they don't need to transmit anything to the camera base. I'm trying to find out what transmitter or transceiver is needed to move the camera.

Next I need to get it to work on line. One step at a time I tell myself.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 03:54:37 PM »

I believe the Vangaurd software needs the CM19A to communicate with the cams(switch\pan\tilt etc...)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

zach1234

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 11:46:07 PM »

Will the active x controls work with Vista. Do you have a interface that controls the camera.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 06:56:50 PM by Priority Support »

JerryLB

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 01:35:58 PM »

I'm having the same problem. But I think I got the right answer. I have a video receiver which does not transmit. My hand held camera remote works fine because it transmits. The snapshot and video buttons relate to the computer, so they don't need to transmit anything to the camera base. I'm trying to find out what transmitter or transceiver is needed to move the camera.

Next I need to get it to work on line. One step at a time I tell myself.

I believe my video receiver is working properly, the only plug into the camera is the power supply. And I have video display on PC Monitor or TV, yet no control via PC, except for snapshot or video record. Online also works for me but, no control.

zach1234

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »

Then you need to order the CM15A. Call x10 and they will get you one for 50.00 +tax and shiping.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 08:30:50 PM »

JerryLB What PC inter face are you using?(model number usually located on the under side)
You Need either the CM19A or the CM15A as Priority Support mentioned nothing else will allow you to control your cams from the PC!
Taking pics or video is not controlling a cam it is simply using the the video feed!
If you have the CM19A you must also have a transceiver (TM751 or equivalent) plugged in! ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 08:33:05 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JerryLB

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 04:49:49 AM »

JerryLB What PC inter face are you using?(model number usually located on the under side)
You Need either the CM19A or the CM15A as Priority Support mentioned nothing else will allow you to control your cams from the PC!
Taking pics or video is not controlling a cam it is simply using the the video feed!
If you have the CM19A you must also have a transceiver (TM751 or equivalent) plugged in! ;)

I have that cm19a and am NOT using it as it is used with motion detectors that I've got but have no desire to use nor do I have a need to do so. I simple want the camera to work as advertised, so that I might be able to access the camera while I'm at work and be able to control the scan of my home. A motion detector will do me no good while I'm at work.

I recently sent e-mail to X10 containing a video I made of my problem with their software, the E-Mail was sent to: "Lacreshia" <lacreshiab@x10.com>,"Roberta Garliyo" <roberta@x10.com>, "Support" <support@x10.com> as I believe it to be the responsibility of the seller to help in these matters rather than leave it up to the people who bought their product! That mail went out maybe 5 days ago and I still haven't received a reply.

As for the suggestion that I purchase something else from X-10, I really wish I could! I would like to purchase three more vanguard camera's despite all the problems I'm having with just 1, however X-10 has chosen to refuse my method of payment for any order placed with them. They advertise they honor Pay-Pal, actually they don't unless you also supply a credit card number. If I had a credit card I would not be using Pay-Pal.

While I've got your attention, I'm aware of the fact that taking snapshots and video is not a function of the command thingy. I was merely stating what little function I do have.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 08:45:40 AM »

JerryLB
I believe it to be the responsibility of the seller to help in these matters rather than leave it up to the people who bought their product!
I must agree with you on that the users here are only trying to speed things up for you (get your stuff working quicker)!
Chances of you hearing back from X10 is (sad to say) like waiting for paint to dry! With all the staff cuts lately, your e-mail question is likely to get lost! :(
X10 is famous for telling you can do something with out providing detailed information or the proper hardware for you to do it!
I have that cm19a and am NOT using it
Thus the reason for no cam control!  ;)You are not the first to missunderstand the function of the CM19A! ;)
 It is not just a receiver!
Your CM19A  sends info from the PC (RF) as well as receives info (RF)!  So if you wish to control any x10 device from the PC,even a cam, it needs to be plugged in! :(
Unfortunately in order for the RF signal to be converted to a power line command (PLC)so cams (or any x10 device) can be turned off/on you also need a transceiver like a TM751 (available cheep on e-bay) How ever if you only have one cam mounted on a ninja you can pan and tilt it with out a transceiver as it has a RF receiver built in you just can't turn it on/off as that is done with a PLC!
Doing some advanced searching for RF, PLC,and CM19A will turn up lots of info (not all of it helpful)  :(
Also check X10's knowledge base
A motion detector will do me no good while I'm at work
This is not true! You can set Vanguard to e-mail you at work that motion has been detected alerting you to a potential problem!
A motion sensor can be very useful for a variety of situations though I under stand your not wanting to use them! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JerryLB

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:08:23 PM »

I want to thank you all for your assistance with this matter ("Problem") I'm having with this vanguard camera, all of your suggestions have been helpful, but I'm still without any control. Now after all of the messing around with all of the changes I can no longer do the only thing I could do. Taking videos and snapshots, on top of all that I got another problem with the program. When I close it down, my computer re-boots, not something I wanted to happen. I did however get a reply from X-10 pertaining to the video I sent them, they wanted to know more? As if the video was not enough info! So now I'm again waiting for a reply to that E-Mail.
I've been doing some searching of the web and came up with a few good things about X-10, not to mention one recently that has me totally confused, I'm wondering if we are ALL speaking of the same Vanguard Control Panel Software?

This site has interesting ways to use a working X10 camera :

http://www.cesium.com/camtech/camtech.html

This Site has me confused about the software, it is Vanguard Control Panel Software but, it don't look like anything I've seen:

http://www.theworldsbestwebcam.com/vk81a_om.pdf

The first page of this PDF file has a photo of everything I got with my package from X10, however the following pages make no sense until I get to the setting up of the camera via the remote control, somewhat. If we are all talking of the same software package I'm sure you too will notice a difference

Thanks once again for all of your help
Drive Safe!

I'm glad I didn't purchase the newest camera of X10's the Sentential, believe me I really thought of it. During my search of the web I found the two like the same and the purchased package looks the same but, the Sentential does not have all the features of the Vanguard camera it's self.

JerryLB

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 04:08:53 PM »

I'm Kinda PO'ed with X10's Vanguard Control Panel Software, I paid 100$, more than a days wages for me and it don't work as advertised. I can't wait until I purchase another X10 Product! In the meantime I'll use a Camera Control Panel Software that was NOT written for the Vanguard or any X10 Product, yet it works BETTER. I can even record video, take snapshots, edit the video, set it to record when motion is detected without useing a motion detector as supplied with X10. This OTHER software records 30 frames per second while recording video. Much better quality compared to the other non-working choice.

This other program can also do PTZ, but, it's not written for the Vanguard so it no workie. (Maybe with a little or a few kind words the author of this program might try to get it to work with the Vanguard, others have already done so.) I have to use the remote to control the camera useing the software I purchased so it's no longer a big deal. I'll use it with another program that works better than the one written for that camera. I got that other program here: http://www.pysoft.com is a demo and it's far better than nothing at all. Matter of fact I'm going to purchase it once the funds are available.

Now I'll try to set my sights on replacement parts for the vanguard, my other vanguard needs the gear that controls the pan motion replaced, I would like to replace it with a nylon gear, rather than like the plastic one used by X10. Matter of fact I'd like to replace ALL the plastic gear's in the Vanguard with Nylon Gears, I don't think X10 has them or they would already be installed.

revenger681

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »

One question to those who got it working. I e=mailed tech support, after 4 days they replied to me saying there are NO vista 64 or vista 32 drivers for this... The manual mentions 98 and millennium. For a manual to even meantion those in 2008... Shows it's very dated... The guy who replied to my support e-mail said they have no timetable of when it'll be made to be up-to-date. As well as the issue with xp getting partial and none-working links via the e-mail you recieve... is X10 so cheap they don't fix broken links and update their drivers? What's up!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 05:54:09 PM »

JerryLB there is a post regarding replacement gears. Using the advanced search option on the forum will turn it up! It basically states you can find metal gears that will work at hobby shops!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Largo

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »

Had the same prblem, all I had to do was plug in an X10 "firecracker" module to the computer. Vanguard already has the drivers for it. Worked on the first try.

The firecracker is an RF transmitter. It sends commands to your cameras (pan, tilt, switch cameras) just like your remote does, but from your computer.

I was lucky I already had one from a previous order, and amazed that it's not even mentioned in the Vanguard Help file. The ONLY mention I saw was when I right clicked on the image and "firecracker" was in a drop-down menu.

Largo

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.