Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Question] recvrf command - Receiving/detecting keys from 5-in-1 remote control  (Read 7383 times)

qz12

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi

Is there a way to receive/detect other keys in the 5-in-1 remote control such as up/down/left/right/ rew/play etc.. In the SDK manual it lists all those as commands, but in the CView program, it only detects on/off/bright/dim/all on/all off commands.
If I am missing something here, please let me know the procedure to detect them.  I am using Visual C++ 2005 and ActiveHome Pro.
Basically, I am interested in developing an application that will be controlled by the up/down/left/right/ff/rec/stop/pause (the bottom buttons) of 5-in-1 remote control.

Thanks

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com

Hi

Is there a way to receive/detect other keys in the 5-in-1 remote control such as up/down/left/right/ rew/play etc.. In the SDK manual it lists all those as commands, but in the CView program, it only detects on/off/bright/dim/all on/all off commands.
If I am missing something here, please let me know the procedure to detect them.  I am using Visual C++ 2005 and ActiveHome Pro.
Basically, I am interested in developing an application that will be controlled by the up/down/left/right/ff/rec/stop/pause (the bottom buttons) of 5-in-1 remote control.

Thanks

I don't have the 5-in-1 remote (which model number by the way?) to play with, but my suspicion is that those keys are only active in "non-X10" modes (like when addressing a cable box, VCR, etc.).   :(

If that is the case, you will not be able to capture them from the X10 SDK.

If you can give me a little more info, like the model number of the 5-in-1 remote, and if there is a receiver that needs to be used with it (besides the CM15A), etc.  I can give you more definite answers.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

I believe the keys you can detect are the only ones sent by RF to a X10 receiver. All the remaining ones are IR from the emitter on the front of the remote. Even the X10 codes can be set to be sent by IR on most of their remotes.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.