Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anybody tried the IP video Network Video Server instead of a PC?  (Read 2410 times)

kcyankee

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Anybody tried the IP video Network Video Server instead of a PC?
« on: November 03, 2007, 09:46:17 PM »

i am trying to use this device with the X10 wreless cameras.  while i got one camera to work with this using the VR36A receiver plugged into one port, i wuld like to get all four cameras to use this. 

Would i have to get 3 more video revceivers and plug then in setting each camera to a different Frequency( A,B,C,D) or should i just trade this all back in and get wired cameras to make this work? 

My goal is to not have to have a PC at the remote home.  this Video device plugs into my Linksys router and i can ten drill the cameras from the net which is my ultimate goal

Thanks for any help

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Anybody tried the IP video Network Video Server instead of a PC?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 10:50:15 PM »

i am trying to use this device with the X10 wreless cameras.  while i got one camera to work with this using the VR36A receiver plugged into one port, i wuld like to get all four cameras to use this. 

Would i have to get 3 more video revceivers and plug then in setting each camera to a different Frequency( A,B,C,D) or should i just trade this all back in and get wired cameras to make this work? 

My goal is to not have to have a PC at the remote home.  this Video device plugs into my Linksys router and i can ten drill the cameras from the net which is my ultimate goal

Thanks for any help

You could use more receivers (up to four), or replace the wireless cameras with wired, or mix the two (that's what I do). Wired, wireless, night-vision, all cameras all have their own plus's and minus's. Why limit your options?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:58:46 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.