Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More than 16 stations on the Ds7000  (Read 3110 times)

Billy150

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
More than 16 stations on the Ds7000
« on: October 23, 2007, 03:05:28 PM »

I thought I read that someone had come up with a way to put 2 DS7000 units in tandum for more stations. I have a situation where I really need to do this due to old, easy to break in mutiple type windows (4 easy to get inpanes in many rooms) and I don't want to depend on motion dectors because they have a small dog,  and I really don't want to go through what I did with the cat lady.

Any help would be appreciated.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: More than 16 stations on the Ds7000
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 03:14:50 PM »

The topic was discussed here: 2 DS7000/PS561

But in your situation of wanting to cover 4 panes on a signal window, I would recommend the easier solution of adding multiple magnetic switches to a single DS10A sensor.

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 03:20:24 PM »

Like Puck said you can have more then 1 magnetic contact on a single DS10A.  I have that setup as well.  I have some where I have 4 magnetic contacts but I still needed to install more than 16 sensors.  You can but them locally or you can get them from x10.

Anyway follow the link in Pucks post and look at the diagram I posted.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 02:27:06 PM »

Billy150: Thank you for the feedback. I'm sure others will find the information you provided very helpful as well.

Quote from: Billy150

Puck,  I just installed the alarm system.  I used Radio Shacks "insulated wrapping wire" #278-502 white,
for those 3 large multi-pane windows (each with 4 easily removable panes - I'm sure it's a burglars dream - I needed to run approx. 18 ft. of the R.S. 30 gauge wire to series connect 1 DS10A to the 4 windows panes.
It made sense to buy 4 DS10A units on sale (4 for 1 price) than to buy the magnetic sensors separately (Of course I have spare sensor units for possible repair work).  Anyway,  the sensors handled the 4 magnet assemblies just fine!  It was labor intensive because the wire is somewhat delicate and I had to use painters tape to temporarily hold the wire in place until I could go back and finally spot glue them to the edge of the window frame.  That thin white sheathed wire is almost invisible from a few feet away, unless you're a kid with 20/15 eyesight.  Another thing,  I used Liquid Nails - adhesive sealant (in a small tube) for clear small projects found at Home Depot.  I suppose any clear caulk would work,  but I wanted something that would harden faster.   

Hope this helps others
Bill...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.