Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VK82A setup. Perfect Audio but not a sign of Video problem.  (Read 12338 times)

Zemek

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VK82A setup. Perfect Audio but not a sign of Video problem.
« on: October 26, 2007, 05:37:24 PM »

Ok. So I bought the VK82A Audio/Video sender/receiver setup. I've got the receiver hooked up to our TV using the red, yellow, white RCA cables and I've got the sender hooked up to my pc using a '3ft S-VIDEO + Audio to 3 RCA cable'. I have perfect audio, not a problem. However I'm not getting a single hint of video. I switch the TV to AUX2 which is what I do when playing the dvd player or xbox 360 which I also hook into the same AV IN ports. However still when on that AV2 channel I have in the top right hand corner the text AUX2 which normally disappears after a few seconds when using another device (eg dvd player, xbox 360). Is there something I need to do on the PC to allow it to transmit the video or is simply plugging in the S-VIDEO + Audio to 3 RCA cable all I have to do there? Any help would be much much appreciated. I'm new to all this so really am not sure where I've gone wrong.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: VK82A setup. Perfect Audio but not a sign of Video problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 06:43:25 PM »

If your video card is capable of video out  no problem, you may have to set your windows display properties to use the video out.
Depending on who made your video card you may also need the correct driver for the video display
Go to your Control Panel then Display then Settings there may be an option there if your card has been installed correctly!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Zemek

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 01:18:08 AM »

OK so after alot of stuffing around and research I found out some things. I use dual video card on my pc (SLI) which doesnt support multiple displays (eg display 1 = monitor. display 2 = tv). However I can avoid this by disabling SLI each time I want to use the TV as a second display. Its still not perfect though due to bugs with the nVidia drivers which according to forums have exsisted for many many years and are just never addressed by nVidia themselves. I now get video on my tv however its all 'skinny' due to the dvd being widescreen and the tv only a 4:3 aspected device. This is bareable though. However now that I have a video signal my audio is a little off with random noises all the time.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 09:56:39 PM »

OK so after alot of stuffing around and research I found out some things. I use dual video card on my pc (SLI) which doesnt support multiple displays (eg display 1 = monitor. display 2 = tv). However I can avoid this by disabling SLI each time I want to use the TV as a second display. Its still not perfect though due to bugs with the nVidia drivers which according to forums have exsisted for many many years and are just never addressed by nVidia themselves. I now get video on my tv however its all 'skinny' due to the dvd being widescreen and the tv only a 4:3 aspected device. This is bareable though. However now that I have a video signal my audio is a little off with random noises all the time.

You have a Wi-Fi router, or a 2.4GHz wireless telephone?
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.