Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time [2007]  (Read 62319 times)

Boiler

Re: Daylight Savings Time [2007]
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2007, 10:38:19 PM »

jrubenstein,
I'm sorry, I realized the error in my logic and deleted my post (while you were apparently in the process of posting).  I apologize, I would not have done that had I known you were in the process of posting.

From what I can see in my interface - if left disconnected from the computer the RTC (real time clock) will continue to operate and the interface will activate 1 hour earlier on Nov 4.  In order to correct for this 1 hour AHP programmed change, the CM15a will need to be connected to a PC to adjust the RTC forward by 1 hour (no net change in GMT).

My commentary on Indiana joining the DST collective was "tounge-in-cheek".  My youngest child now gets on the bus in the dark year round.  I'm also separated from the west coast (where 5 of my sister companies and countless customers are located) by three hours - that's a pain.  I sure am glad that my lawn gets that extra hour of sunlight though!

jrubenstein

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2007, 06:26:51 AM »

I sure am glad that my lawn gets that extra hour of sunlight though!

That's funny!  :D :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 06:28:41 AM by jrubenstein »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2007, 07:43:37 AM »

One question that needs answering is why some AHP users don't have their CM15A connected to their PC 24/7?  With PCs so cheap these days, why not leave it connected?

I also leave my Home Automation PC run 24/7. Since I use Voice Command (and a couple other things) I have to.

For me... after changing regular light bulbs out for CFL's and even a couple LEDs.... it wasn't easy to decide to run a PC 24/7. But it IS worth it.

I use an older curb-side quality PC. I could replace it any "trash-day" by simply looking at what has been set-out on the curb in nearby neighborhoods. I also keep the monitor turned OFF. I currently get alerts and warning from the PC (and plan to expand on that) that I can't get any other way. 

I am sure the few extra penny's of electricity used is more than off-set with (automated) power consumption savings.
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.