Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FTP macro for webcam  (Read 10588 times)

mtippie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
FTP macro for webcam
« on: October 27, 2007, 08:28:06 PM »

I have created an FTP macro in order to send a camera image to my web site. I have set up the FTP preferences with a pathname of /yardcam and left the "Include Time in Filename" unchecked but I still get a filename of the form "AHP_102707_200247.jpg". I want a static filename. What am I doing wrong?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: FTP macro for webcam
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »

AHP will not send a static file name, yet! ::) Possibly at some point it will!
In the mean time get the free  X10dispatcher. It works with the Auto stills from AHP and keeps the newest pic displayed in it's program which is accessable by many means.
It also comes with a free FTP uploader which you can set to upload the pics to your site with a static name! ;)
I posted a sample macro to update the pics for X10dispatcher here: X10Dispatcher Pic updater
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cary

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: FTP macro for webcam
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 02:59:08 PM »

Unfortunately I ran into this issue about two years ago. Using AHP as a webcam, like I had used Xray Vision is something basic that should have been addressed long ago. Tech support had replicated the issue long ago. It may be that having a working static webcam capability on AHP conflicts with selling MyHouse so it probably won't get fixed anytime soon.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.