Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro triggered by PSC01 problems  (Read 2403 times)

cragmor

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro triggered by PSC01 problems
« on: October 19, 2007, 03:32:26 PM »

Having a few problems getting my configuration to work. I have run my doorbell switch to a PSC01, set to A1 input B mode 3, then from a UM506, set to A2, back to the doorbell wires. I have a lamp module, set to A1, that will run a strobe light and a 12V DC power adapter to charge my fog machine.
My macro says simply to turn on lamp module A1, run a sound file from the PC, run UM A2, wait 6 seconds, turn off lamp module A1.
What happens is that I press the door bell, and the strobe flashes for a few seconds. I presume that this is from the normal functionality of the PSC01. Once the flashing ends, the strobe will start again, the sound file plays, the doorbell rings, after 6 more seconds, everything shuts off, waiting for the next time the doorbell is pressed.
I would like to eliminate the first bout of flashing. Also, when the macro runs, there is a delay from the lamp module turning on to the sound file playing, to the doorbell ringing. A couple seconds between each step. How can I make this run faster. I would like the sound and lamp module to run at the same time. Anytime after that the doorbell can ring.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Macro triggered by PSC01 problems
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 01:05:19 PM »

..............that will run a strobe light and a 12V DC power adapter to charge my fog machine.
My macro says simply to turn on lamp module

Oops.... looks like this post was missed. Also looks like it needed to be addressed BEFORE the 31st. Sorry cragmor hope you resolved it in time.

If not... the problem might be in the idea of a single macro. I would think you would need to break the actions down to two macros, maybe one (of the 2) with a flag, to prevent the double trigger.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Macro triggered by PSC01 problems
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 07:17:42 AM »

I would not run your PSC01 as A1, and your modules at A1 too. 

When you do this, the PSC01 controls the modules, as does the macro.

For example, I think when your visitor releases the door bell button, the PSC01 will send out an 'off' command.  That would turn 'off' the modules set to A1, even through the running macro has also turn them 'on'.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.