Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a timer questiony  (Read 5843 times)

deadredghost

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
a timer questiony
« on: November 07, 2007, 11:02:44 AM »

i am working on an AHP system that has 2 cameras  and 2 lights( with 3 prong grounded adapters) i am trying to make it so that the motion activated macros only are active from lets say 7pm to 6am weeknights and them on the weekend active most of the day.  i have overcome the poor range of the motion sensors already but i cant get the timers to work i am most likely usingthem in the wrong way what i tried was giving each on/off macro its own timer settings...as i said most likely wrong. 
any insight into my problem is much appreciated and i thank you in advance for the help.

S.H.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
Re: a timer questiony
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 11:58:44 AM »

I am not sure how you would use timers to accomplish this. but it can easily be done using "SMART MACROS". If you don't have the Smart Macro plug in you may want to consider getting it. I am sure someone else will jump in with other suggestions.

Jim
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 12:08:53 PM by JimC »
_ _ ...  ..._ _

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 12:22:39 PM »

As Jim indicated, smart macros would make this a breeze.
e.g. You could convert your macros that are currently working 24/7 in just a few min to just about any schedule you wanted with 1 additional macro and the use of a flag.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

deadredghost

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 12:35:20 PM »

do you have any links that can explain how to do the flag thing you were talking about? i have the Smart Macro plug i never really used it i tried once before but it didn't work out.  also how can i use smart macro to convert my current ones?
once again thank you for all the help.

S.H.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 01:26:10 PM »

Perhaps someone could post pictures for clarity but to get you started here's what I'd do.

Start by a adding a flag condition to existing macros that you want limit activations times. For reasons too numerous to cover here, don't use flags 15 or 16. (Some recommend avoiding flag 1 also but I've never had a problem using that flag myself. - Search the forum for notes on flags 15 & 16 if you like.) You may need to select the advance macro option option. By adding the condition that say flag 2 has to be set for example, effectively gives you an on/off switch for your macros.

Now that you have your on/off flag switch in your macros it's time to build a couple macros to set and clear the flag. Built two macros e.g. M1 (to set flag) and M2 (to clear flag). Just add add one line to each to set and clear flag 2 respectively. Simply setting a timer at 7pm for M1 and 6am for M2 gives you a daily 7pm-6am schedule. Add another ON time of 6:01am to M1 for Sat and Sun and you're all set.

Puck uses a similar flag approach for his Daytime / Nighttime Timer Flag Macro.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 01:28:58 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.