Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Active Eye vs Eagle Eye  (Read 48501 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Active Eye vs Eagle Eye
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 06:47:34 PM »

........................ Are there any other factors that would turn all cameras off until motion is detected again?

Yes the PDF instructions are here(<click the link). The OFF signal is sent from the sensor (at 2, 4, 6, 8.... minutes) simply follow the direction to reset.

Unfortunately the settings have to be RE-set everytime the batteries are replaced. I put self-adhesive Velcro on the back of my sensors to make them easier to reset (on the ground) after battery replacement.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 07:36:29 PM »

........................ Are there any other factors that would turn all cameras off until motion is detected again?

Yes the PDF instructions are here(<click the link). The OFF signal is sent from the sensor (at 2, 4, 6, 8.... minutes) simply follow the direction to reset.

Unfortunately the settings have to be RE-set everytime the batteries are replaced. I put self-adhesive Velcro on the back of my sensors to make them easier to reset (on the ground) after battery replacement.

I've already set all sensors to the maximum # possible and the screen still goes blue for some unknown reason. Any other ideas?

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 08:36:12 PM »

Have you looked at the Activity Monitor to see if anything coincides with getting the blue screen of death?

HA Dave

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 09:04:57 PM »

Have you looked at the Activity Monitor to see if anything coincides with getting the blue screen of death?

Don N.... I didn't realize birdzeye was using AHP. In another post he mentions using a TM751.

birdzeye

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 09:12:48 PM »

Don N.... I didn't realize birdzeye was using AHP. In another post he mentions using a TM751.

I'm not using AHP! just 3 cameras with activeeye sensors and I can view on my pc(via tv tuner) or my tv.

HA Dave

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 09:20:44 PM »

So many of us who regularly visit use the Active Home Pro.... it is easy to forget we all don't.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 06:33:36 AM »

birdzeye,

A few questions.

•  Are you able to turn each of the cameras on with motion from each of the  motion sensors?
•  Do you have a fourth motion sensor setting around with batteries in it?
•  Do you have any other way to turn the cameras on other than with the motion sensors?
•  Are all of the cameras and motion sensors mounted outside?

If it were me I would remove the batteries from all but one of the motion sensors and see if you still have the problem. I would also not use A1  for reasons stated in numerous posts throughout these forums. 

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 07:00:18 AM »

If the Eagle Eye on A3 maybe sending the dusk A4 on if it senses darkness. Since cameras are in groups of 4 A1;A2;A3 and A4 an A4 on will turn off the A1 A2 and A3 cameras.

HA Dave

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 07:07:43 AM »

I have the lamp plugged into the tm751 and it's A1. My 3 cameras are A2, A3, A4. What am I doing wrong if my camera remote will not turn the lamp on and off.

By-golly Brian H is correct (and I am NOT surprised). You can grab the night (dark) signal from your A4 sensor (which would be A5).

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 07:42:36 AM »

birdzeye, stated in his original post.

Quote from:
I have the dusk/dawn thing set to "one blink" which means on at all times and does not turn on the +1 thing on

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

HA Dave

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 08:14:29 AM »

birdzeye, stated in his original post.

Quote from:
I have the dusk/dawn thing set to "one blink" which means on at all times and does not turn on the +1 thing on

Jim

Correct. He (birdzeye) would need to change the setting (which he apparently understands) of his sensor which triggers the A4 signal.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »

Thanks Jim C for the added data.

birdzeye

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 07:33:52 AM »

Start over.
I am not using eagle eye sensors anymore. Just 3 active eye sensors with 3 cams. One lamp plugged into tm751 at A1. Cams at A2,A3,A4.

For some reason the cameras will all turn off and the tv or pc screen will go blue. NOT the BSOD which is related to computer crash, but a blue screen related to cameras turning off. ???

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 09:02:15 AM »

Start over.
I am not using eagle eye sensors anymore. Just 3 active eye sensors with 3 cams. One lamp plugged into tm751 at A1. Cams at A2,A3,A4.

For some reason the cameras will all turn off and the tv or pc screen will go blue. NOT the BSOD which is related to computer crash, but a blue screen related to cameras turning off. ???

Anytime you turn on the lamp at A1, all cameras A2,A3,A4 will turn off.

Move your cameras to A5,A6,A7 along with the addresses of all 3 ActiveEye MS16A motion sensors.

Regardless of how long you have your ActiveEye MS16A motion sensors OFF delay set to, it will occur and eventually turn the camera off. You cannot stop this with just a TM751 transceiver.

JimC asked some good questions and made a helpful suggestion that you might want to re-look at.

birdzeye

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2007, 03:55:09 PM »

Thanks everyone for your help! Some good advice here :)

Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.