Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I create a Smart Macro to Save all the current Status and Timers?  (Read 4620 times)

JohnTuri

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have a GE Caddx NX8 burglar alarm system with a GE NX-540e Operator board that interfaces with the X-10 system through a PSC04 one way interface.  What I would like to do is to trigger a Macro to save the current x-10 controlled lights status and timer settings.  Then, turn all the appropriate lights on when the alarm is triggered.  Then, when the alarm is reset trigger another macro to reset the lights as they should be prior to the alarm being triggered.  I would like the resetting of the lights to be as independent of timer settings as possible because I have several macros already that change timer settings and I'm trying to eliminate as much code as possible in these two macros.  I was thinking of using phantom modules to store the current status of the lights.  Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
John Turi

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: How do I create a Smart Macro to Save all the current Status and Timers?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:42:44 AM »

What I would like to do is to trigger a Macro to save the current x-10 controlled lights status and timer settings.  Then, turn all the appropriate lights on when the alarm is triggered.  Then, when the alarm is reset trigger another macro to reset the lights as they should be prior to the alarm being triggered.

Very interesting idea!  I get a headache thinking about programming this in a regular computer let alone using the limited instruction set of AHP.  Since I gather that you have the usual "phantom family" macros that give the appearance of the building being in use I'd suggest the following.

Set up a macro with time of day (range) dependent ifs in it that turn off the modules that shouldn't be on during those specific time periods.  This would be an approximation, but a good one, of what you're trying to accomplish, and I don't think an outside observer would be aware of what you've done.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

JohnTuri

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: How do I create a Smart Macro to Save all the current Status and Timers?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:48:17 PM »

Thanks very much for the idea.  I will try it out when I get my USB interface back. I had serious problems with my CM15a and it had to go back for a replacement. It was boosting the X10 signal over 5 volts and changing the X10 house and unit codes on me.  I should get a replacement back in a couple of days.  Then, I will try your idea.  I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but, I was pretty busy figuring out the problems with the CM15a.  Thanks very much for your suggestion and I will let you know how it works out.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.