Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: In roof Light Control  (Read 4630 times)

rjuch

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
In roof Light Control
« on: October 31, 2007, 06:36:46 AM »

Ok somethings Im struggling to get right in my head, keep in mind that im running on 230v, not sure if this has any impact on the questions im asking...

I have down lights installed in my house, some rooms have Low voltage (transformer installed between lights and mains, i think it converts 230v to 12v ?) and some have full 230v down lights.

I like the idea of the LW12 (behind plug solution) because I can install this myself with minimal risk of killing myself or falling through my ceiling :)

Ive been told that the LW12 will not work for the low voltage lights ? (dont really understand why?)  Is this true ?

Ive been told to use the LD11 for the low voltage lights and install this module in the roof.

Now the following question applies to the LW12 and LD11, not sure if they function and wire in the same way ? 
My major concern is that I want to be able to control the lights using X10 as well as using the ordinary switches in my house, ie.
1. I want my light switch to be able to turn the light on or off, when x10 has already turned the light on or off.
2. If somebody has turned the light off using the switch I still want x10 to be able to control the light ?

Ive read the documentation on these products and dont quite understand the wiring, term momentary switch, etc ...

If it is possible to connect the normal light switches to these modules would I need extra wiring routed to the module ?  (more of an issue If i install the LD11 in the roof)

rjuch

Re: In roof Light Control
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 08:58:18 AM »

hmmm, no responses, maybe too many questions ? :)

Lets start with :
1.  LW12 micro module, is it true that it wont work with low voltage lighting (down lights with 230v - 12v transformer) ?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 09:40:52 AM »

hmmm, no responses, maybe too many questions ? :)

I don't think it's the quantity of questions, but more likely the model numbers of the modules you stated.

I myself do not recognize them and others may not either. Responses to your questions may require waiting for someone who is familiar with them.

It definately doesn't hurt to bump your unanswered post now and then.  ;)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 11:48:46 AM »

Yeah.... 230v... that's not standard North American voltage. Are you a European X10 user?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

rjuch

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 02:47:44 AM »

south african, we run on european plugs and voltage ....

would 230v make things that different ?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 09:12:30 AM »

It's not the voltage, it's more the not knowing what LW12 and LD11 are.

The majority of the members here are from North American, so without the familiarity of knowing what these modules are and their specifications, we cannot answer about their use for low voltage lighting.

There are a lot of European members that do visit the forum, so hopefully someone does recognize those modules.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 09:12:44 AM »

south african, we run on european plugs and voltage ....

Well the technology (X10) works the same.... but the modules are different. At this forum we are unfamiliar with the module models/numbers you refer to. You may want to try the X10 Europe Sites.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

rjuch

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 10:45:27 AM »

o, ok :)

well check these links out then

LD11 (In roof solution) - http://www.marmitek.com/en/catalogus/subgroep.php?subgroep=6#08932
LW12 (behind switch solution) - http://www.marmitek.com/en/catalogus/product.php?subgroep=7&product=274

G. L.Tirebiter

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »

Some European knowledge here:

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=717

UK forum is most active, I've see marmitek discussed frequently there.

George

rjuch

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 04:38:22 AM »

thanks guys, thought marmitek was used all over and available in different voltages ...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.