Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HELP with 4 sentinel recording to a PC  (Read 5804 times)

sphon721

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
HELP with 4 sentinel recording to a PC
« on: November 07, 2007, 12:49:35 AM »

After much frustration i finally got AHP to continually record without crashing or stopping, the quality looks ok on the PC, but once recorded and played back it looks like crap. I read as much as i could find on the forums about recording quality and it seems pretty hopeless for anything good. I would like to have the quality that the cameras are capable of, what i am thinking is use the stupid VA11A and AHP to view the cameras and control them. the video feed for AHP is wireless(currently). I would leave that and also install a four channel capture card and record to my 1.5tb RAID 24/7 from the RCA jacks on the cameras. i want full video backup of everything on the property, not just one camera at a time or shrunk on a quad multiplexer. All of the recorded video can be accessed from any of the many media server software packages out there. When i first got the cameras i hooked them up to the TV using the RCA jacks and was impressed with the high quality, once connected to the VAcrapo11a the images are so compressed looking and motion is so NOT fluid that it makes the cameras look like walmart web cams.
  The whole system is installed at a commercial  property with 24" thick walls, i had to mod the C15A and the VR36A and mount external antennas on the roof to get them to work, the control for the cameras is still a little erratic.

I have tried every combination of codec, resolution, and fps to get better quality but have come to the realization that the VA11A just isn't capable of coming anywhere near the quality of a real capture card or an analog VCR sett up.
  If anyone has had any better luck recording to the PC with high grade quality let me know, as for now i will not be installing anymore systems for anyone who wants to record to a PC, or at least until i see if i can get a better result with the capture card.   ???

Chris

sphon721

Re: HELP with 4 sentinel recording to a PC
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:30:10 PM »

hello?

sphon721

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:41:39 PM »

i just realized one problem with my idea, even though the four cameras will be recorded outside of AHP, how can i make all 4 camers stay on? AHP turns them off, further more how would all four images come up at the same time with a quad processor? how can u make all four cameras stay on?????

i know that the VA11A will be useless now cause all four camers will have to have the wireless transmits disabled, thats ok as long as the record quality is better, i will use the media server software from the capture card to view the live video.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 06:23:44 PM »

hello?

I thought I heard an echo.

The quad processor puts all four images on the same screen.

To have the cameras on 24/7.... turn them on with the remotes... then walk away.

Or.... use AHP to turn the cameras ON (and never OFF) say once ever 24, 12, 6, or even every hour. That way even with a power failure... the cameras come back on-line.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 08:35:25 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

sphon721

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 03:30:38 PM »

what happens if you try to move one camera? will they all move? i know AHP switches between cameras by turning them on and off, if they can all be left on and still controlled(moved, zoomed, ..) seperatly then i think this will work
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 01:17:56 AM by sphon721 »

cj4

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »

I don't understand all of this either.  I just installed 4 Sentinel cameras wireless, with the VA11A usb into my pc, and the CM15A, just setup 4 Active Eye motion sensors, set them to match the 4 cams codes (A1-A4).  I then went to "My Room" in AHP and tried to setup the motion sensors in the room with the cams and I get a message that the codes are already used by the cams???

1. Don't the motion sensors have to be setup in the room with the cams in AHP??

2. Don't they have to be set with the same codes as the cams to control those particular cams???

Ugggggg!!!! Can't imagine trying to get them to record right!!!

If anyone has help you can email me too coys1@swbell.net

Thanks!

sphon721

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 02:23:06 PM »

wait til you see what the VA11A does to your picture quality......

cj4

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 08:45:59 PM »

I don't seem to have alot of problems with the VA11a and a VR36a receiver hooked to it.  I have all 4 cams being received by them and the biggest issue is i'm in a metal building and adjusting the antenna on the 36a to make all 4 come in clear is a bit difficult.  I tried the quad processor and wired them but didn't like the quad system for internet monitoring at all. 

sphon721

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 06:10:09 AM »

what cameras are you using? if your using the xcams then the quality is poor anyway and the VA11A doesn't really take to much away, us the sentinel with it then plug one of them into an analog source like a tv, you will see a difference that will make you so pissed off that you will be researching a capture card alternative as well.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.