Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Viewing cm15a memory contents  (Read 19446 times)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Viewing cm15a memory contents
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 05:24:11 PM »

When I say "I did a search" I mean I'm going to start-search-files or folders and typing in AHPEEprom_W.txt and have the drive to C which is my only hard drive..

Check the advanced search option boxes for "Search system folders" and "Search hidden files and folders".  The filename is all lower case.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Boiler

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 05:51:08 PM »

-Everything is working fine but now I'm kinda worried that clearly others have this file and for some unknown reason I do not.
When I say "I did a search" I mean I'm going to start-search-files or folders and typing in AHPEEprom_W.txt and have the drive to C which is my only hard drive..

I don't know what else to do..My concern in its most basic form is if you are downloading information to the cm15a how can there be no way to check if its there? or what percentage of memory I am using? How do I know if its at capacity? I realize this is not a concern with what I have it running but wouldn't it be for others?

unofornaio,

Sorry to cause concern on your part - that's not our purpose.

You can check the amount of memory you are using by selecting the menu item "tools" and then "hardware configuration" from the drop down list (I've attached a sample from my install).  The "Memory Usage" window on the upper right shows how much of the CM15a memory is being consumed.  Based on what you've told us you have no worries. 

The same screen also allows you to input your location in order to set up the Dusk/Dawn timers.  When you input your location AHP estimates the sunrise/sunset times based on your latitude and longitude. 

For a go forward -
  • Perform the search again for the ahpeeprom_w.txt with the "search system folders" and "search hidden files and folders" selected as Charles Suggested.
  • If this does not locate anything, Input your location in the "Hardware Configuration" screen and select "Update Interface"
  • From the Tools menu select "Download Timers and Macros".  You will see a popup warning saying "this will update all timers and macros...".  Click OK"
  • You should see a status bar in the lower left corner showing the download progress - it may be rather fast (mine takes ~ 30 sec's)."
  • After the download has completed, check for the ahpeeprom_w.txt file again

Let us know your results,
Boiler

unofornaio

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 06:52:45 PM »

Thanks again.

I remember the hardware config option now sorry ::). Anyway I did as you instructed and still nothing. I could not search  "Search system folders" and "Search hidden files and folders as there is NO option for this in my search window. Under advanced there is only search sub folders, case sensitive and search slow files. Other options are date - type - size  ??? none of which include those choices.

Sorry to cause concern on your part - that's not our purpose
don't worry about it, now its like I HAVE to find this file its bugging me..

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 08:26:07 PM »

So, if you don't have Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ on your system, what folders do you see when you browse under All Users? I think the problem finding the file has to do with permissions (are you logged in as an administrator?) or with view options in Windows Explorer. In Windows Explorer have you gone under Tools and Folder Options and set it to display hidden files and folders and not hide protected operating system files?

The folder where ahpeeprom_w.txt is written is also the home of some other data that AHP keeps, including the Activity History. The files are being written somewhere, we just have to figure out where.

unofornaio

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 08:54:42 PM »

In Windows Explorer have you gone under Tools and Folder Options and set it to display hidden files and folders and not hide protected operating system files?

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner.. Can I make my avatar a dunce cap??

I went and changed folder options in w-explorer and sure enough after refreshing the folder appeared..please don't tell me no one suggested this before because it was assumed I was smart enough to have had it set that way because I will really feel dumb..

I opened the txt file and it was all there, actually there were 2 files, one was ahpeeprom_r and the other was _w.

I really do know how to operate this CA PU TER honest...Im too embarrassed to write anymore..thanks guys

Boiler

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 09:13:54 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner.. Can I make my avatar a dunce cap??

If you're ordering dunce caps, I'll take two in different colors please.  That way I'll be able to alternate them.

Thanks Michael.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.