Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VK82A Video and Sound Problem  (Read 16328 times)

trole

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VK82A Video and Sound Problem
« on: November 10, 2007, 09:07:41 PM »

Hi,
this is my first post in here.
i hope someone can help me...

i just installed my X10 wireless audio/video sender with my Satellite Receiver,
im getting picture and sound like 90% ok, and evrey few second im getting white lines and bad noises on my tv.

it is like that for everyone? or i need to do something else to improve my connection ?

thank you very much for any advise,
Tal.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: VK82A Video and Sound Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:22:32 PM »

............ it is like that for everyone? or i need to do something else to improve my connection ?

For most people (including me) the units work like a charm. Other than (sometimes) better RCA connection cords, you need nothing else.

Most problems are a result of other wireless devices (2.4ghz) phones or a wifi internet router. Microwave ovens can also play havoc with the units. Changing the units channels (A, B, C, D) may fix your problem. There has been much posted here at the forum... and a quick search will provide you with MUCH more info.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

trole

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 10:34:12 PM »

thank you very much,,,
ok. so i change the channel to "C" and it is look better.
right now im just having a sound problem . like once a while i can hear bad nosies...

and the distance is just maybe 20 feet. and i have no wireless router... i do have wireles phone 5.8 ghz.
but i dont think it is the problem. in addition, when im walking near x10 it makes some noise.

thanks again,
Tal.

travyx10

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 04:24:38 PM »

Same issue for me, tech support said RMA the device.  I powered off my access point and my phones are 5.8 gig so that's not the issue.

I"m starting to wonder if this product just doesn't work sometimes.  I brought it to work and it has the same issues.

docbill

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 11:58:30 AM »

Same problem here.  I turned off my wireless, my phones, and any other electronics I could think of, but I still have the same problem.   Many of my neighbors also use wifi, so I thought perhaps that was interfering.  So I took the device to my brother in-law's place.  I detect no wifi stations there, but I still saw the same interference problems.

I guess I'll have to RMA this device and just run a coaxial cable...

Bill

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.