Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dissabling CM15A RF reception (How to)  (Read 3470 times)

tolum

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Dissabling CM15A RF reception (How to)
« on: November 12, 2007, 12:46:32 PM »

Hi;

Anybody can explain clearly with pictures if available, how to disable the RF reception on a recent CM15A to avoid collision with the use of a V572?

Thanks to all!

Thierry

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Dissabling CM15A RF reception (How to)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 04:19:15 PM »

Have you tried the AHP programs Disable Transceived House Code choices in the Hardware Configuration area?

tolum

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:22:42 PM »

Yes, but even though you have the transceived codes disabled in AHP, the CM15a is still receiving RF and will activate macros based on that RF.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 07:19:23 PM »

Have you tried the AHP programs Disable Transceived House Code choices in the Hardware Configuration area?

With some (most?) firmware versions, that only disables the CM15a from repeating RF signals onto the power lines.  As mentioned, it may or may not stop the CM15a itself from reacting to the RF signals.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 07:50:07 PM »

Well I do know of one user that we actually showed the +5 volt lead on the RF Receiver Board and he cut it. Warranty is shot then. I also found a unused pin on the RF receiver chip that disables it. I don't know if the user tried that or just went for the cut the +5 Volts.
I would have to review my disable data as I believ it had to be pulled high to disable the Receiver Chip.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 08:47:04 AM »

Wow, that sounds pretty interesting!   Sounds like one could wire up a simple RF enable/disable switch.   ;D

However, aren't there two different RF boards used in the CM15a?   If so, do they use the same chip, or different chips?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:00:11 AM »

I posted the lead to cut here: Re: Disable RF signal receiving on CM15A

There is an IC pin on that receiver PCB that you can also use to disable the receiver.

Walt2: There are 2 different RF boards inside; one is the receiver and the other the transmitter. They are completely separate circuits and only the receiver uses an IC.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 04:19:54 PM »

Walt2's mod is much easier than trying to solder a disable pull up resistor to the surface mounted Receivers IC but I did it as a test. Yes it is on the receiver board. One with the antenna wire extending into the antenna tube. I guess one could wire a switch between the pull up and the VCC for on off control.
The Transmitter board has its antenna wire hot glued around the case and does not exit the case at all.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.