Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sensor range problem  (Read 5436 times)

Billy150

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Sensor range problem
« on: November 04, 2007, 10:39:59 AM »

I've installed 6  DS7000 systems so far.  The homes in our 35 yr. old Phoenix,  Az neighborhood are block construction but interior walls are wood frame and sheet rock and the houses are similar in layout and size.  However the last 2 systems I installed (which I'm still working on - getting to be a little embarrassing) still have same range problems.  I moved the PS561 from the far corner of the house to the approx. center (other homes I've done have the PS561 at far corner and no problems)  and I solved the sensor not checking in problem with the windows at opposite end,  but now 2 sensors that are in a bathroom but within say 20 ft.  are my new problem.  I know there could be other factors with maybe stray signals and obstacles in walls that I have no controll over.  What I'm wondering is...    is the door/window sensor sending a signal to PS561 or is the PS561 transmitting and receiving to make the circuit valid?  Could the PS561 be weak with its send/receive circuit?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Sensor range problem
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 11:42:52 AM »

..............................  I know there could be other factors with maybe stray signals and obstacles in walls that I have no controll over.  What I'm wondering is...    is the door/window sensor sending a signal to PS561 or is the PS561 transmitting and receiving to make the circuit valid?  Could the PS561 be weak with its send/receive circuit?

Interestingly (?) your post seems similar to another post.

I don't know ... but wonder if there could be a newly discovered weakness.... or merely new added features in the areas. Maybe new plumbing or a large screen LCD or Plasma TV?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 11:56:49 AM »

is the door/window sensor sending a signal to PS561 or is the PS561 transmitting and receiving to make the circuit valid?  Could the PS561 be weak with its send/receive circuit?

The PS561 only receives, and the DS10A's only transmit.

zach1234

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 12:17:38 AM »

Interference.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.