Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can I use Smarthome ApplianceLinc modules with AHP?  (Read 2430 times)

Ayeegit

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can I use Smarthome ApplianceLinc modules with AHP?
« on: November 15, 2007, 07:59:02 PM »

Just installed AHP, and it's working great for my X10 wall switches.  But I can't seem to get it to control my Smarthome ApplianceLinc modules, which I would like to use for our Christmas lights using some macros to turn them on and off at appropriate times.

I tried some of the appliance modules in AHP, using the address my ApplianceLinc is set to, but nothing seems to be working.

Help!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Can I use Smarthome ApplianceLinc modules with AHP?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 06:47:03 AM »

Both the original X10 only and newer Insteon/X10 ApplianceLincs should be controllable with AHP. I believe I called mine a standard X10 Applance Module. Will an X10 module work in the outlet they are in or can you test them in a different outlet and circuit? You could have a signal probelm to where they are.
Which ApplianceLinc do you have? One way; two way or Insteon?

Ayeegit

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:51:40 AM »

Thanks for the reply, Brian.

My ApplianceLinc modules are one way, model #2001SHL.  Doesn't look like they're sold anymore, so I couldn't find anything on Smarthome's website about them.

I'll try dropping in an X10 lamp module (got one with my AHP controller) on the same outlet, set to the same address, later today and see if that at least works.  But I do have a "old fashioned" control center here at my desk (what I've used to control the lights in the office prior to getting AHP), and I can turn the ApplianceLinc module on and off just fine with it.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 04:53:02 PM »

Well the ApplianceLinc may not be quite as sensitive to signals or the location of the AHP CM15A is on a different circuit or maybe the other phase of the house wiring.
Another test maybe the desktop controller in the AHP CM15As wall outlet and see if it can get to the ApplianceLinc.
Yes all the older X10 only modules are now gone. Replaced with Insteon modules that can also be set with an X10 address. You still may find a few of the older ones on EBay or independent dealers.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.