Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dual AHP Modules at once  (Read 2389 times)

blee

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Dual AHP Modules at once
« on: November 16, 2007, 04:13:43 PM »

Hi i have ordered the AHP suite and some modules and I am trying to create some synchronization to music with some lights and wanted to know if anyone has tried running to AHP modules on 2 different pcs to control the same modules. I have read how it only sends 1 signal at a time and was wondering if getting another copy and unit on another pc, with the proper macro setups & timing, could make the modules switch on & off faster and at the same time. Just wondering if anyone has tried this and has any comments or previous knowledge about this. Thanks for the help. O ya im using 2 socket rockets, 3 appliance modules, and 4 lamp modules, and 1 decorative switch to synchronize some christmas lights, 2 flood lights, the pool lights, and 2 dj lights. Thanks again for the help.

Bryan 

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Dual AHP Modules at once
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 09:00:37 PM »

bryan, DON'T waste your money. it's not the switching speed in the cm15a (interface).  it's the way x10 signals travel through the powerlines!  Two transmitters CANNOT send simultaneous codes through the lines.  X10 is really a poor choice to sync lights to music with.  Believe me, I tried a similar project 20 years ago, and it doesn't work.  I currently own 2 CM15As running on two different machines and it's impossible to do what you want.  the limitation is in the whole x10 technology, not the transmitters.  Try out Light-o-Rama instead.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

blee

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 12:37:02 AM »

yea i checked them out, pretty sweet its a onetime thing so i may lay off on the syncing and just use them individually during the party to dim the christmas lights which looks pretty sweet anyways so thanks for the help. I will have to try them out next year.

chewie8han

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 01:12:25 PM »

Bryan,
Check out http://www.d-light.us/ too.  They're very similar to the Light-o-Rama equipment, but a lot cheaper.  I haven't used either, but I've run into both on my search for the same thing that you want to do. 

If you order one of these, let us know which one you decided on, and how you like it.

Kevin

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.