Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Icon Remote and X10 customer support  (Read 17297 times)

dp20957

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Icon Remote and X10 customer support
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:19:54 AM »

I bought the icon remote on 12/29/07 for $64.99 ($79.99 minus $15 voucher for signing up for newsletter).
My wife liked it so much she bought one on 2/3/08 for the same price as above.

On 2/11/08 we received their newsletter showing the remote was now $49.99
I contacted customer service on 2/11, 2/15, 2/21 and 2/25, trying to get them to give me some refund. Each time I called I was told a supervisor wasn't available but one would get back to me within 48 hours.

THEY NEVER GOT BACK TO ME

While we like the remotes we are very dissapointed in their customer service. Because of this i cannot recommend them to my friends which I otherwise would have had they not jipped me out of $60 and lied to me.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Icon Remote and X10 customer support
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »

Not sure how they jipped you out of $60 ?
Most sellers have specials and reduce there prices at some point some will offer the difference in a voucher of cash back if the item was bought within 7 days of the sale!
This is just Courtesy  and not mandatory! ;)
If you feel wronged simply,  return them then wait for them to go back on sale! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:27:35 PM »

I bought the icon remote on 12/29/07 for $64.99 ($79.99 minus $15 voucher for signing up for newsletter).
My wife liked it so much she bought one on 2/3/08 for the same price as above.

On 2/11/08 we received their newsletter showing the remote was now $49.99

....................... they... jipped me out of $60

Not sure how they jipped you out of $60 ?

I have to agree with Tuicemen. EVERYTHING sold retail... also goes on sale. And doing the math... it looks like you only got jipped out of $30 at the most.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:13:29 PM »

I think he's saying that he and his wife both purchased them when the advertised price was $79.99 and now they are selling for $49.99 now.  i.e. $30 * 2 remotes = $60.

In the world of retail, prices change all the time. It doesn't matter whether it's a brick & mortar store or an online one. Most of your major electronic stores have advertised 30 day price guaranties. To my knowledge, X10 has no price guaranties. That said, it still would of been good customer service for X10 to of least given him $30 credit for the price reduction 8 days after he purchased his 2nd remote.

BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

philliec

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 11:07:01 PM »

First of all this situation is typical for x10 customer support. There is very little customer support (if any) coming from x10. You find your support right here. Personally I feel that this lack of support goes with the territory. We actually get bargain basement prices and we figure it out ourselves. I bought a Sony remote for nearly $200 and it was a bear to program, but now works fine. The $80 Icon remote seems like a real bargain.

The fact that you said that your Icon remote worked so good that you bought another one is enough for me to look at buying one myself. I appreciate your feedback.

Craig
Craig

bbrick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 09:01:42 PM »

Don't feel bad.  Phillips makes the remote and their "customer no service" guy basically told me "TS"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.