Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help-- X10 tech support will not- Registering Issues  (Read 2662 times)

avhomedesigns

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Help-- X10 tech support will not- Registering Issues
« on: November 27, 2007, 05:39:50 PM »

I have called tech support a dozen times and have been emailing for help and all I am really getting is a generic email and the people on the phones are useless.

Can anyone tell me or give me suggestions as to why I cannot get my software registered.  Here are list of things I have done.

Turned off my McAfee & Windows firewall when trying to register
Tested  8080 & 8888 ports http://www.x10.com/support/netinfo/netinfoadvance.htm  (Both Passed)
Un-installed and Re-installed software
Did not copy and paste registration codes from email
All appropriated characters are capitalized

I keep getting the message "Registration Failure: Could not retrieve registration from server"

According to the "Tech" email , I am getting this message becauce either 8080 or 8888 port is blocked.  This is not the case, they both passed fine on the link they gave me.

I am getting really frustrated.  I have never had any problems installing or registering software before and this will not work!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I bought this kit to see if this is something I could use with my business and so far..... >:(

Thanks,

Adam

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Help-- X10 tech support will not- Registering Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 04:19:57 PM »

Did not copy and paste registration codes from email
You stated "did not copy and paste registration codes from email"
Why Not? ???
Did you type it in correctly?
I cut and paste my registration code with no problems!
Now the other issue I've seen is if this is a fairly new system then the server that handles the registration numbers may not have been updated to accept your registration number!
You may wish to have support check this!
also PM one of the X10 staff listed in the memberlist of the forum here try Michael M. or BarrettJ[/b] for starters!
Now as to being able to run this from your place of work, that maybe a no go as many businesses have blockers and filters which will not permit this!
If it is your own business then you'll have no problem that way! ??? ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.