Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Honest answer on My House Online prior to purchase  (Read 14175 times)

Allen F

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Honest answer on My House Online prior to purchase
« on: December 04, 2007, 03:01:27 AM »

Hi Folks,

I have a lot of X-10 stuff and it's worked pretty well for the most part.  I bought AHP a couple years ago and just loaded it.  I think I need to do an upgrade because of some bugs.

I am thinking about buying the MHO product so I can stream video and view it from the road.  I am curious about the reliability and stability of the product and the server it works with.  I have just enough knowledge of security cameras (I work for FLIR and we make thermal imagers for security and other applications) and my limited experience says you need a server a good connection and a decent mpeg compression to do this? 

So, what's the story?  It looks like some of you folks have succeeded, and others are frustrated?

Thanks for any feedback or guidance.

Allen Frechette

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Honest answer on My House Online prior to purchase
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 09:59:15 AM »

The problem most folks seem to be having is settting up the system on their sever side with routers. The X10 Server has had it's issues as well!
The system certainly isn't plug and play, you need to spend some time configuring! ;)
Some folks have issues with their ISP blocking ports! ;)  :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

zach1234

Re: Honest answer on My House Online prior to purchase
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:03:33 PM »

Well I would try Vangaurd insted. I found it to work more than AHP.You CAN (CAN) control modules in vangaurd. There is a hack.

set modules as x10cam

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.