Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Turn off works fine - turn on does not work at all (AHP w/ CM15A)  (Read 7277 times)

x10orbust

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have the latest version of AHP (3.204) with a new CM15A.  This is a recent upgrade from the serial version with AH (due to a computer upgrade that no longer has a serial port).

I have programmed all my modules (on various house codes: A, D, F) for a variety of turn-on, turn-off scenarios on different days.  There are about 12 total modules.  Each turn-off command work fine.  However, none of the turn-on commands work at all.  Commands are downloaded and work off the CM15A interface without the need for a computer.

Any ideas on what to do.  X10 tech support is not very useful here.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Turn off works fine - turn on does not work at all (AHP w/ CM15A)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:22:23 PM »

Did you set up your timers with both on and off times?   Also, if you kept your old .x10 files from Active Home, AHP will import them, including all timers and any macros.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

x10orbust

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:32:34 AM »

Yes, I set up all timers with on and off times.  And, I can manually turn on and off from the AHP program.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »

If you can control them by AHP, then there's no noise problem.   The only thing I can suggest is to clear the CM15A, close AHP, go into Windows Explorer and delete all .ahx files that are not added the install program, they are the ones you created.  Then rebuild all of them.  I suspect that somewhere they got corrupted.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

x10orbust

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:23:57 AM »

I believe that I figured out the source of the problem for the turn on commands never working from the interface, but always working from the AHP program.

From the AHP program, a turn on command of a lamp module (for example a Leviton 6831) will always issue a turn on command.  The lamp modules receive this as a turn on and actually turn on.

However, when the macros are stored in the interface, a turn on command is always issued as a 'Bright 100%' command for lamp modules.

The 'Issue on in place of Bright 100%' from the AHP program preferences seems to only reference the AHP program, not the interface.  Therefore, it seems to me that the problem is in the interface.

The short-term workaround for this is to set all lamp modules (dimmable or not, although mine are dimmable) as appliance modules.  These appliance modules have an ON/OFF structure, without brightness logic.  Although this works, there is no ability to control brightness levels (without creating a duplicate dummy module as an applicance that is first turned on before sending a dim command via the lamp module -- a very cumbersome approach).

The long-term approach seems to be for X10 to update the bios on the interface to correctly reflect the bright 100% command as a turn on.  Does this make sense to anyone?

I find it hard to believe that I am the first one to experience this problem.  Anyone else out there worked on this?

swmarquardt

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 08:03:37 AM »

No, you are not the only experiencing works OFF, but not on.  My problem, however, is a little more selective.
Using AHP ver 3.204 and CMA15 with Tools | Preferences | ActiveHome Pro | Multiple Modules can use same address enabled, I have three lamp modules all set to N3.  One module controls the Christmas tree, one the Fireplace mantel lights, and one the Nativity set.  They are all on the same circuit in my house.  As with you, all the modules espond both On and OFF using the icon in the Room.  Originally, I had a timer tied directly to the module that would turn them on at 16:00 and of at 23:45.  The timer would fire, but only the Cristmas tree would come ON.  The other two would not light.  All would turn OFF just fine.  Last night, I redid the lighting scheme using macros and a timer that triggers a phantom module addressed as M4.  Same result, all N# modules turn OFF as scheduled, but only the Christmas tee turns ON. 

yvesc

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 07:34:41 PM »

there is an options to issue an "on" instead a "bright 100%".  You click on tools in AHP then Preferences followed by the "Macro Options" and last you choose the option to "Issue "ON" in place of "Bright 100%"

hope this will help
YC

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 07:34:49 AM »

I have mine set to On in place of bright also, no problems.
See if that setup helps.
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 12:55:50 PM »

Great illustration EL34. A helpful has been added.  :)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 03:43:43 PM »

Note that the "Issue 'On' in place of 'Bright 100%'" option only applies to macros, not downloaded timers.  Simple On/Off timers have to be reprogrammed and downloaded as a pair of timed macros.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.