Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smart Marco swith on or off ?  (Read 5481 times)

ltnitrobud

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Smart Marco swith on or off ?
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:44:14 AM »

I'm looking in All Rooms and each Smart Macro has the On swith dim(grey) and the Off switch bright(white).  Is this to indicate that the On switch IS pushed and the Off switch(white) is WAITING to be pushed?  If this is confusing to me than maybe x10 could update this to have a status light similare to the other modules such as lights.  Did I simple miss something in the instructions?  Sincerly.....

dash

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Smart Marco swith on or off ?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:41:06 AM »

I'm looking in All Rooms and each Smart Macro has the On swith dim(grey) and the Off switch bright(white).  Is this to indicate that the On switch IS pushed and the Off switch(white) is WAITING to be pushed?  If this is confusing to me than maybe x10 could update this to have a status light similare to the other modules such as lights.  Did I simple miss something in the instructions?  Sincerly.....

These indicate the macro's trigger condition.

You can 'press' those buttons, but this isn't the best place to program the macro's trigger condition. You would normally use the radio buttons at the top of the macro designer window where you select whether the trigger is from an on, or from an off command from another device or timer. You get to the macro designer window when you press the edit button below the on/off buttons.

Really these 'buttons' serve as indicators to show you whether the macro is triggered from an on command or an off command.

Example: if you have a PIR set to trigger a light, the trigger would be the ON condition of the PIR.
The corresponding macro would use the PIR's ON address (i.e A1 ON) as its trigger and the macro in 'all rooms' would have the ON indicator shaded grey on that macro (and the OFF indicator shaded yellow). This is confusing in that the dim/grey indicator is the one that shows the trigger condition of that macro, and not the bright indicator as you would expect.

Hope this helps...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 09:50:03 AM by dash »
Automation is great - but really frustrating when it doesn't work as expected !!

ltnitrobud

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Smart Marco swith on or off ?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:47:32 AM »

Does it mean that the smart macro is ready to send a ON signal when the ON BUTTON is grey and the OFF BUTTON is white?  Similar to a wall rocker style switch being pushed in at the top and sticking out at the bottom!?!?!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »

ltnitrobud: Please use the Reply or Quote button within a message / thread to add a reply to a particular topic. Creating a new topic with the same name is difficult to follow.  ;)

Thanks

dash

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:12:20 AM »

Does it mean that the smart macro is ready to send a ON signal when the ON BUTTON is grey and the OFF BUTTON is white?  Similar to a wall rocker style switch being pushed in at the top and sticking out at the bottom!?!?!

No - it simply serves to remind you of what is the trigger condition for that macro and will never change state.

You could have another macro programmed with A1 OFF as its trigger which would do something with the signal generated when the PIR, in my previous example, times-out after movement ceases.

So in 'all rooms' you would see the A1 macro twice (the one with the ON indicator colored grey would be for the macro which reacts to the on signal from the PIR, and the other with the OFF indicator grey would be for the macro which reacts to the time-out signal from the PIR).

Automation is great - but really frustrating when it doesn't work as expected !!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.