Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New User- Camera Wireless -Some Advice Please............  (Read 4099 times)

newmex999

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New User- Camera Wireless -Some Advice Please............
« on: December 15, 2007, 11:51:15 PM »

I am looking to set up a few cameras outside my front and back doors. I want the cameras to be wireless- However are there any that are powered by batteries? Or do I need to plug them into an outlet?

I want to be able to monitor and record to my pc and also have the system email me still pictures when they are activated.

What camera and software would you recommend for this?

I currently have a wireless network in my house- will this interfere with the cameras?

Thanks for helping out a new guy?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: New User- Camera Wireless -Some Advice Please............
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 11:13:04 AM »

I am looking to set up a few cameras outside my front and back doors. I want the cameras to be wireless- However are there any that are powered by batteries? Or do I need to plug them into an outlet?

I want to be able to monitor and record to my pc and also have the system email me still pictures when they are activated.

What camera and software would you recommend for this?

I currently have a wireless network in my house- will this interfere with the cameras?

Thanks for helping out a new guy?

There are battery powered cameras, X10 has a battery-pack for it's wireless cameras. However all the battery cameras I am aware of have a short battery runtime. By that I mean you have to replace the batteries every couple hours wether you view the camera image or not. This "spy-mode" is generally NOT suitable for general security use. I think for your planned useage you will need to "plug-in" your cameras.

X10 has an unlimited number of camera and software "package deals". I highly recommend X10 cameras, because they are durable tiny little workhorses. And because the X10 system is the easiest (and most affordable) to setup. For "door monitoring" you may want to look at X10's "wideEye" cam.

X10 wireless cameras do operate at the 2.4 GHZ... as does most wireless cameras, wireless phones, WiFi networks, wireless speakers and probably other wireless devices I can't think of. However for most people this isn't a problem. The cameras have 4 selectable channels you can switch. Generally speaking one of those will work well with no interference with you WiFi or wireless phones. I use both wireless phones and a Wifi network, with my wireless cams with no problem.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.