Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is this module installed in the security console?"  (Read 4990 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Is this module installed in the security console?"
« on: December 20, 2007, 05:35:53 AM »

Why this question?

Does it matter?

Thanks!
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Is this module installed in the security console?"
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:28:20 AM »

I beleive it matters for the security remotes.

If this is selected, then AHP/OnAlert will allow you to use it for sending an RF ARM command to the DS7000 (PS561).

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 10:22:49 AM »

Thanks Puck,

I should have asked in more detail.  I just put 2 door/wall sensors in the garage, one on the entry door & one on the Overhead.  The checkbox is there when I do the Install from AHP.  They are NOT registered in the DS7000, nor do I want them to be - they're not used to "trip" the DS7000 alarm.

I do want them to trip a macro, and also have their activity recorded in the Activity Monitor.  The one on the Overhead shows a flashing battery icon on the module in AHP and it does nothing in the log.  I'm going to reinstall it.

The entry door sensor does show triggered & closed in the log, but it does not fire the macro.  The macro operates correctly when I fire it manually.  After reading this morning, I'm going to insert a delay (5 seconds) right before the email directive. (right?)

The sensor apparently does not get "polled" and its "status" is not reported in the log every hour or so, as the other door/window sensors that are registered in the DS7000 do.  I think that's having to do with the monitored/tranceived stuff that we newbies have such a difficult time understanding.

My DS7000 housecode is "L", and all addressable and registered stuff works fine.  I want the 2 garage, and some other to-be-added sensors and devices (I'm getting a floodcam via FedEx tomorrow) to be controllable and monitored by AHP and remotes, but don't want them to trigger the DS7000 alarm.

So - when I "install" a non-addressable sensor like the Door/Wall sensors how do I know what housecode is assigned, and can I change it?  And if I can only have one housecode "monitored" and I'm monitoring "L"  how do I get AHP to record/monitor/act on the sensors that are not registered in the DS7000?

Sorry to take your time, but this is way too much fun to not explore its boundaries.

PJ
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 11:21:44 AM »

The sensor apparently does not get "polled" and its "status" is not reported in the log every hour or so, as the other door/window sensors that are registered in the DS7000 do.  I think that's having to do with the monitored/tranceived stuff that we newbies have such a difficult time understanding.

Security Sensors do not get polled, they just report their current status every hour. The monitored/transceived house codes will not effect AHP/OnAlert from receiving these hourly updates. Maybe the registered with DS7000 check box affects it's response in AHP/OnAlert (?) Even if it is not part of your DS7000 security, I suggest to say YES for this anyways.

My DS7000 housecode is "L", and all addressable and registered stuff works fine.  I want the 2 garage, and some other to-be-added sensors and devices (I'm getting a floodcam via FedEx tomorrow) to be controllable and monitored by AHP and remotes, but don't want them to trigger the DS7000 alarm.

You should keep your DS7000 security house code (L) separate from all other units. You can add other modules to this house code, but make sure you are aware of what happens when the alarm triggers. Example, a camera on the same house code will be turned off... not a good thing.

So - when I "install" a non-addressable sensor like the Door/Wall sensors how do I know what housecode is assigned, and can I change it?  And if I can only have one housecode "monitored" and I'm monitoring "L"  how do I get AHP to record/monitor/act on the sensors that are not registered in the DS7000?

You can look at the "Find Other Computers" menu to find what house code & unit code was selected for the new module. Somewhere in the OnAlert part of the forum is a post showing how to change it manually.

P.S.

The entry door sensor does show triggered & closed in the log, but it does not fire the macro.  The macro operates correctly when I fire it manually.  After reading this morning, I'm going to insert a delay (5 seconds) right before the email directive. (right?)

Do you have any conditions set for the macros? Keep in mind that manually pressing the macro (via mouse) will bypass any conditions and will always run the macro.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 11:25:54 AM by Puck »

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 11:44:08 AM »

For what it's worth, I have several sensors that trigger macros that are NOT registered with the DS7000.  I find these useful to indicate opening of certain doors and motion that I don't want to set off the DS7000 system.  These macros seem to work fine even though the sensors are not registered.  Obviously the computer needs to be running though.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 12:08:19 PM »

Thanks for that info JMac. For all my DS10A, I just select it anyways since it has no direct effect on the DS7000 regardless if it is installed there or not.

It's good to know that selection has no bearing on macro triggering.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.