Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monitoring function in AHP  (Read 12306 times)

Agent99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Monitoring function in AHP
« on: December 16, 2007, 01:17:50 PM »

I am new to AHP and have searched these forums for some definitive answers on the Monitor functions of AHP. Can someone please explain exactly how all this works. I think that it means that AHP or the CM15a will monitor all activity and report it back to AHP when it running or a macro flagged to the status of a device. My question is I have read that the CM15a can only monitor one house code or 16 devices when AHP is not running in the background. So how do you use multiple House codes if and when you need more than 16 modules or switches monitored. IS the only way to have AHP running on PC 24/7. If so this is a significant shortcoming for this product. I do not really want to run a PC all the time just so I can see the status of all my devices and/or  trigger Macros based on there activity status.
Maybe I am just not fully understanding something here and someone can explain it better or tell me how they would go about this in a system that uses more than one house code and or more than 16 devices are monitored.
Thanks in advance,Dave
IF your not using BVC your missing all the fun

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Monitoring function in AHP
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 01:26:41 PM »

You need the SmartMacro Plug-in it will alow the use of flags and conditions this will give you much more control !
There are many ways to increase AHP to beable to detect what is happening on other House codes!
Spend some time and read posts dealing with flags,phantom modules and conditions! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Agent99

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 01:38:51 PM »

You need the SmartMacro Plug-in it will alow the use of flags and conditions this will give you much more control !
There are many ways to increase AHP to beable to detect what is happening on other House codes!
Spend some time and read posts dealing with flags,phantom modules and conditions! ;) :D

Not to be a smart ass but, I do have smart macros plug-in and have searched for days on this forum for answers. Maybe I am just dense but I would not have asked if I undertood or could find the answer myself.
Why is t that forums like this always say do a search as in I know the answer but you need to find it yourself.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 02:09:40 PM »

Davefred99: Regardless of AHP running on the PC or the CM15A in standalone mode, only 1 house code (16 modules) can be set as monitored thus being able to be used as a macro condition.

When AHP is running, the GUI will show the current state of each switch (regardless of house code) if one of the 4 conditions exists:

1) If the module was turned on or off via the GUI (manual mouse click).
2) If a switch or module is turned on manually and is of the type that provides feedback that AHP recognizes.
3) The module was turned on or off via a macro.
4) The module was turned on or off via an RF remote signal.

Under no other circumstances will AHP and it's GUI accurately monitor the current state of each switch (not even those set to the same house code that was selected to be monitored.) If a standard X10 switch (non-2 way) where turned on or off manually, AHP will never know.

The only difference between a CM15A running standalone and one connected to a PC via AHP is that if the two conditions above apply the AHP GUI will give a visual of their current state. In both cases however, only the monitored house code can be used for macro conditions. To sum things up, the AHP software does not monitor all house codes, but it can display all house codes with accuracy dependant on the devices in your home. The use of the word monitored can be misleading at times.

To monitor modules outside of the monitored house code, there are 16 status flags that can be used within macros.

I hope this explains what you are asking.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 02:29:08 PM »

Not to be a smart ass but, I do have smart macros plug-in and have searched for days on this forum for answers. Maybe I am just dense but I would not have asked if I undertood or could find the answer myself.
Why is t that forums like this always say do a search as in I know the answer but you need to find it yourself.
We can only guess to what your looking for with out detailed questions! :(
When A user states general question they get back a general answer!
I thought I was a little more specific with the What to search reply! :-[
Thats why I specified posts dealing with flags/phantom modules and conditions!
As Puck stated:
The use of the word monitored can be misleading at times
Flags can be used without the CM15A connected to the PC thus giving you more ways to monitor your modules/macros!
AHP can use all 256 codes if you want to monitor all 256 codes, then Yes AHP must be conected to the PC 24/7!
If you only wish the 16 codes for the monitored housecode Plus maybe 14 (there are 16 flags but not all are reliable)others then you can get by! ;)
If your more specific with how you wish to Monitor and what to do with this info, examples can be posted to show how to if possible!! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Agent99

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 02:42:18 PM »

Puck,

First thanks for an informative post.

If you correctly, AHP or the CM15a willl monitor all 16 devices on a single house code set to monitor + up to twelve additional Flags used in macros regardless of there house code as long as they are programed as flags. Is this correct if so then I think it will work fine for my purposes.

Also with the exception of 2way devices any switch manually controlled will override the ability of AHP or the CM15a to monitor its status. Only commands actually sent via a an Rf remote or controller plugged into a wall socket will be seen.

On a separate but related subject, what about Smartlinc or Leviton 2way switches that are not listed in available devices in AHP. Can these be used in anyway with AHP or are there any work a rounds.
Thanks, Dave

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 03:04:23 PM »

Also with the exception of 2way devices any switch manually controlled will override the ability of AHP or the CM15a to monitor its status. Only commands actually sent via a an Rf remote or controller plugged into a wall socket will be seen.
True
On a separate but related subject, what about Smartlinc or Leviton 2way switches that are not listed in available devices in AHP. Can these be used in anyway with AHP or are there any work a rounds.
Thanks, Dave
AHP will control those devices! To use them you tell AHP that they are something compareable to what AHP lists! (eg:Two way modules)  ;)
Welcome Aboard Davefred99! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.