Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: digital motion detection  (Read 4659 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
digital motion detection
« on: December 22, 2007, 11:13:53 AM »

Hi,

Just wondering if any x10 software for cameras has motion detection in the software, and which software is it, and how does it work. Would all cameras in a multiple camera setup be able to utilize this feature (if it exists) or only one camera at a time on the computer screen.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: digital motion detection
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 04:46:11 PM »

birdzeye
Since the motion detect is based on image it only works for the cam which is curently displaying.
X10 did make software that would do this it worked with the firecracker (CM17A or CM19A) PC interface ,I haven't tested it with the CM15A!
The program is free, the name Xray Vision
There also is a small download that will enable a remote PC to connect and view!
Xray will mark the area of the pic which has changed so it is easy to see what triggered (squirel,wind,rain or reflections)!
Warning: this program isn't the easiest to figure out but if you play with it long enough you'll find all the tricks!
I'm not sure if it will run on Vista but since it doesn't require the VA11A video capture device (it will use any) it most likely will! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 06:34:35 PM »

birdzeye
Since the motion detect is based on image it only works for the cam which is curently displaying.
X10 did make software that would do this it worked with the firecracker (CM17A or CM19A) PC interface ,I haven't tested it with the CM15A!
The program is free, the name Xray Vision
There also is a small download that will enable a remote PC to connect and view!
Xray will mark the area of the pic which has changed so it is easy to see what triggered (squirel,wind,rain or reflections)!
Warning: this program isn't the easiest to figure out but if you play with it long enough you'll find all the tricks!
I'm not sure if it will run on Vista but since it doesn't require the VA11A video capture device (it will use any) it most likely will! ;)

Tuicemen thanks.

Do I understand correctly that I would only need the cm17a and the xray vision software and it will work?

I currently have a tv tuner on my computer. Will xray vision work with it or do I still need the cm17a?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 07:38:54 PM »

The only reason you need the CM17A is to turn on/off the power for the cam or to switch cams if you have multiple cams!
If your TV tuner card has an input you can plug your cams video feed into that and Xray should see it, if not you'll only get the TV channels the card supplies! ;)
I used an ATI AIW card and one wired cam with great success! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 08:29:57 PM »

The only reason you need the CM17A is to turn on/off the power for the cam or to switch cams if you have multiple cams!
If your TV tuner card has an input you can plug your cams video feed into that and Xray should see it, if not you'll only get the TV channels the card supplies! ;)
I used an ATI AIW card and one wired cam with great success! ;)

I downloaded xray vision and it's working!  :) I can flip thru cams with my remote on the preview window, however, the log of picture snapshots shows the pictures UPSIDEDOWN ::)

Is there a troubleshooting help section somewhere?

Many thanks!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 09:16:37 PM »

Pictures showing upside down is usualy a codec thiny.
It has been ages since I used that little program, perhaps you may find the info you need at the X10wiki ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 07:34:30 AM »

I use video surveillance software that is pretty reasonable price wise, can capture up to 11 camera's and does pixel motion detection, emails you, can send alerts to mobile devices and a ton of other things.

I have 4 camera's hooked up at the prsent time.

I can intergrated the camera pictures into AHP if I want to but the video sotware does the camera security thing way better than AHP so I let it handle all the camera functions and let AHP turn on the coffee pot.  ;D

Here's the link in case you are interested
http://www.fgeng.com/
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.