Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lights are at 50% when turned on via ActiveHome Pro USB  (Read 11351 times)

Autoguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Lights are at 50% when turned on via ActiveHome Pro USB
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »

Does anyone know of a manufacturer who produces wall  and plug in light modules without the dimming feature?  The dimmable feature seems to be the heart of my problem since I use the CPF's to save energy.

Thanks

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 09:43:01 AM »

X10 does not and dimmable CFLs are somewhat pricey.

There is workaround for appliance modules: Plug a 9 watt night light into a cube tap that is plugged into the module. That kills the "blinking" caused by the triac in the module.  I have a CFL in my Swag Light in the kitchen.  Several different CFLs all blink when the module is off.  The night light trick stops the blinking.

If you have to use lamp modules, try the night light trick and see if it works. Let us know.  DO NOT set up a lamp module that has CFLs to dim.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Autoguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »

After conducting the above test, I decided to drag the LM14A to each of designated areas in my home where I use either a wall switch or plug in module.  I deleted the existing AHP file to ensure that none of the old programming would affect this test.  One hour after the designated time that the last light should have come on, none did.  I am beginning to believe in the negative comments that I read  on this site.  This system and it's software are full of BUGS...... :(  As of this date no one has been able to present a viable suggestion that comes close to resolving the problems that I am experiencing...................................................  Has anyone else experienced these problems?????????????????

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 07:07:53 PM »

The short answer is NO.

If the modules are not responding to timers may mean that you have a noise problem.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.