Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can you download from CM15A?  (Read 4163 times)

Hubbidaddy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can you download from CM15A?
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:49:08 AM »

Over the holidays I transferred my .ahp file to my laptop and solved a lot of problems with creative macros. 2 days ago I lost everything on my laptop due to a virus my kids downloaded. I was wondering if there was a way to copy the macros file that is running on the AHP module or if i have to re-create it all from scratch?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Can you download from CM15A?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 11:26:24 AM »

Unfortunately the answer is no. If you didn't save a back-up (on CD or on another PC) then you have to re-do from scratch.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 12:47:59 PM »

Over the holidays I transferred my .ahp file to my laptop...
As Puck pointed out, if you did lose everything on your laptop you've learned the value of backing up the hard way. Unless you have the original .ahp file before you transfered it, you will need to re-create your file from scratch. If you haven't completely reformatted the laptop and can still access the drive, you may be able to recover the the .ahp file as it is unlikely that the virus actually corrupted the actual .ahp file.

While there is a lot computer data that is important to keep backed up, X10's .ahp file is the easiest. The file is small enough to fit even a small flash drive.

While there is a debugging program that will let you download from the CM15A, it is not useful for recreating an .ahp file. The CM15A only stores the basic data needed for it's operation. i.e. Descriptions of modules and macros are not stored.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Hubbidaddy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 08:53:23 PM »

Well Thank you for the advice and help. I did end up starting over, and I have synced the ahx file to both my computers. Now I have entered the wonderful world of phase coupling issues with the new x-10 stuff I got for Christmas. Thank God I can read! lol

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:18:47 AM »

...Thank God I can read! lol
Reading is very useful skill here.  ;)  It's rare to see a truly new problem.

Virtually all X10 signal problems fall under one or more of the following.
  • Phase problems
  • Line noise
  • Signal suckers

Best of luck in your home automation adventure.
Post again if you don't find a solution to your problem.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.