Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Power Supplies  (Read 4431 times)

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Power Supplies
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:18:36 PM »

Question. In an effort to conserve alittle juice (electricty) I wish to not have my wireless cameras receiver(s) power supplies powered up when not in use. When I try to use some 'Lamp Modules' I have to trigger them via remote it's causing distortion in the picture on the TV and or the Computer. When I remove them all is perfect. Should I be using 'Appliance Modules' to do this?

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Power Supplies
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 09:26:55 PM »

Question. In an effort to conserve alittle juice (electricty) I wish to not have my wireless cameras receiver(s) power supplies powered up when not in use. When I try to use some 'Lamp Modules' I have to trigger them via remote it's causing distortion in the picture on the TV and or the Computer. When I remove them all is perfect. Should I be using 'Appliance Modules' to do this?

Absolutely!

Lamp modules are dimmable and won't always supply the correct voltage to the camera's power supply!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 09:30:37 PM »

Hi GMAN,
had same situation as you and I was using the lamp module trying to switch my cams ( used ASTAK cam on ninjas) With help from the forum, I switched to an appliance module and now the distortion is gone and reception and control on each cam is perfect. Hope this helps.
BaBaLou.

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 03:10:12 PM »

Thank you very much for the replies here!  I figured as much by the way things where acting.  Thought I'd ask after a quick search didn't turn up anything. I will make the adjustments. I have what I concider 'poorman' setups but everything I've automated so far with X10 products I'm pleased with. 
 rofl  Watching the stray cats on the cams get a soaking (motion sprinklers) when they come into the WRONG yard.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.