🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Help & Troubleshooting

AM466 and Fluorescent Light Turning Back On

<< < (2/5) > >>

Brian H:
1) Looking at the PAO11 Install sheet shows it; like the Appliance Module; has Local Control. It also says loads smaller than 40 Watts may flicker. Basically it is an appliance type built into an outlet.
http://www.x10pro.com/pro/pdf/pao11.pdf

2) Did the AHP setup control the Appliance Module in the same place?  Are there any other RF receivers in the setup? If so the CM15A AHP interface may not be able to reach the outlet with a powerline signal; while sending an RF signal to another receiver that can get a powerline signal to the outlet is possible.

AdamF:

--- Quote from: Brian H on January 06, 2008, 07:08:45 AM ---1) Looking at the PAO11 Install sheet shows it; like the Appliance Module; has Local Control. It also says loads smaller than 40 Watts may flicker. Basically it is an appliance type built into an outlet.
http://www.x10pro.com/pro/pdf/pao11.pdf

--- End quote ---

Darn, it didn't know this had local control.  The light is 40W.  How the heck do I control this thing then?  Nothing really seems to work.  In fact, the lamp module seemed to work the best but I'm not comfortable converting a grounded 3-pin plug to 2-pin to work in a lamp module.

--- Quote from: Brian H on January 06, 2008, 07:08:45 AM ---2) Did the AHP setup control the Appliance Module in the same place?  Are there any other RF receivers in the setup? If so the CM15A AHP interface may not be able to reach the outlet with a powerline signal; while sending an RF signal to another receiver that can get a powerline signal to the outlet is possible.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the appliance module was plugged into the EXACT same place.  In fact, I plugged the AM466 into the bottom plug of the PA011 and gave it a different address and it worked just fine from AHP or the remote.  So, I have no idea why the PA011 won't respond to AHP.  I've had to create macros that send the address via RF to control the PA011 with AHP.

Brian H:
40 Watt is for a Incadescent type bulb. Fluorescent and Compact Fluorescent are completely different animals. They have electronic ballasts and act 100 % different than a incandescent that is basically resistive.
What is being used to receive the RF from AHP? TM751; RR501; Security Console?
The PAO11 maybe less sensitive to powerline signals could be one thought.

Dan Lawrence:
The PAO11 is the X10 Pro version of the X10 SR227. both have an X10 controlled outlet and a non-controlled outlet.  Both types are listed in AHP, the SR227 in the Appliance section and the PAO11 in the X10 Pro section.

The controlled outlet has the X10 address, the other is a standard outlet.  Something plugged into the controlled outlet will respond to the X10 outlet, a AM466 with a different address will work in the non-controlled outlet as it is plugged into a standard outlet.

AdamF:

--- Quote from: Brian H on January 06, 2008, 01:22:18 PM ---40 Watt is for a Incadescent type bulb. Fluorescent and Compact Fluorescent are completely different animals. They have electronic ballasts and act 100 % different than a incandescent that is basically resistive.
What is being used to receive the RF from AHP? TM751; RR501; Security Console?
The PAO11 maybe less sensitive to powerline signals could be one thought.

--- End quote ---

For RF I'm using a TM751 with a Palm Pad remote.  This combination works fine for the controlled outlet on the PA011 and the appliance module that is plugged into the botton non-controlled outlet.  The controlled outlet and the appliance module have different addresses.  However, from AHP, I can only control the appliance module.  The controlled outlet on the PA011 does not respond.  The only way I can get the controlled outlet on the PA011 to respond in AHP is to create a macro that sends a hardcoded RF command.  I just send an "ON" command or an "OFF" command to the address of the controlled outlet on the PA011.

Even if I get the control working okay, I still don't see a good solution to control this aquarium strip light.  Is there anything without local control that one could recommend?  I've tried three things already.  Thanks for all the responses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version