Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Error-Address already in use?  (Read 1940 times)

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
Error-Address already in use?
« on: January 11, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »

Ok, this is strange.
All of a sudden I cannot set up any macros with module triggers. I get an error message that this address is already in use.
The strange thing is, I even get the error when the address is not even being used by any devices and the address does not exist in AHP.

I have at least 6 macros that have module triggers. If a appliance module is on the macro gets triggered
Example: If powerflash F13 is on a macro does this, that, that, etc

I had no trouble setting up all these triggered macros 6 months ago and these existing macros work fine, but if I try and alter one of these macros, I get the Address already in use error.
I cannot change any of my existing macros and I cannot set up any new macros with a module as a trigger.

You can see from the screen shots that I do have a F13 powerflash and I have a macro right next to it that has the trigger of F13 on. This macro works just fine but I cannot change it or any other macro without getting the address is already in use error.

I have cleared the interface, redownloaded all timers and macros, tried to run the macros from only the PC and only from the interface, makes no difference.
I tried changing my monitored house codes from F to A, no difference.
I have turned on and off the transceiver codes, no difference.

What the heck, something is terribly wrong with AHp all of a sudden.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 11:24:54 AM by EL34 »
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Error-Address already in use?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:49:15 PM »

There is an option in the configuration settings to allow more than one module per house code/unit code. Make sure that option is selected.

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
Re: Error-Address already in use?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »

Oh man, thanks.
I forgot all about that option and I'm not even sure how it got unchecked.

It was unchecked, and that was the problem.

I must have been in the options and not even known that that box had gotten unchecked?

Thanks again for reminding me.

W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.