Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote Viewing using Vanguard ICC software  (Read 9855 times)

Hotrod24

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Remote Viewing using Vanguard ICC software
« on: January 25, 2008, 10:45:47 AM »

Well here is the issue I am having. My cameras show up on my desktop I click on connect and it is showing that I am connected by looking at the status from  the status bar. Now here come the issue. No problems going to gate.x10.com. So I log in with my access code and password and it says in status connecting to such and such access code. But I get no picture. Also I know that it has to be connected because it shows my camera set up and I can also go to history and view still or snapshot. And when I drag the quality and frequency bar up and down I can see on my server computer so I know that I am connected to some degree. Yet I still do not have a Picture it stays at Accessing Image on the remote connection. I am using a router but do not believe that is the issue I took that communications test and it passed so that can not be the issue. Can I get a little help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Remote Viewing using Vanguard ICC software
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 11:36:11 AM »

Hotrod24 I to had this problem only using ActiveHome Pro & iWitness (video plug-in)
I've since started playing with Vanguard in hopes of being able to supply some answers!
The problem your having is your routers settings I tested the settings I had to enable for iWitness to work and  the same aplys for VanGaurd!
You Need to play with the filters in your router!
Although my router is most likely different then yours this is what I had to enable:
  • Multicast Pass Through: (Vanguard works with this disabled but seems choppy  ::) )

• IPSec Pass Through: (no cam picture with it disabled)

• PPTP Pass Through: (no picture with it disabled)
These were found in the advanced /filters section! hope that helps! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

zach1234

Re: Remote Viewing using Vanguard ICC software
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:39:53 PM »

Try port forwarding....

Ports

Try this too: http://www.x10.com/support/netinfo/netinfoadvance.htm

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.