🔌General Home Automation > Z-Wave

Hawking TEchnologies wireless automation

(1/1)

s0urc3f0ur:

Anyone familar with this?... Happy Surfing!

http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/productlist.php?CatID=43&FamID=115&ProdID=365

ttrolinger:
What bothers me about this is the monthly charge to access the system remotely :-(

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: ttrolinger on September 16, 2009, 10:04:37 AM ---What bothers me about this is the monthly charge to access the system remotely :-(

--- End quote ---

Me too! That and we somehow overlooked s0urc3f0ur's post. I had seen that... or a similar setup... at my local building supply (big box) store. What they claimed to be the big advantages was:

* Being able to open remotely (Internet or Internet enabled cellphone).
* Monitoring the opening of the doors... with Internet and cellphone alerts.
I guess... if you used logmein or some such app with your cell. Then used a more ordinary lock with a IR or RF remote (or plain old electric door-latch). You could maybe (hack a remote and/or) use a universal module to open the door remotely (open the door for the repairman from your office or work site).

The alerts would be easy enough to do with iwitness [AHP and CM15A with a running PC].

I like the idea of using my cellphones Blue Tooth identity to lock and unlock doors (as well as turning the alarm and lights on and off). But... I am not there... yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version