Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Capture Resolution  (Read 18171 times)

bhoffman67

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Capture Resolution
« on: January 05, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »

While in "Live Video" mode, I right click and see the option from "Capture Resolution", which is always set at 352x288.  Since my images seem very grainy, I thought that setting the resolution to 640x480 might generate a better image... but attempting to change this setting either results in the software crashing, or no change what-so-ever (I go back into the "Capture Resolution" setting and find it's back to 352x288 again.

How can I change this perminantly?

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: Capture Resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:47:56 PM »

In AHP, click on TOOLS, select PREFERENCES, Select GENERAL VIDEO, under CAPTURE RESOLUTION highlight your desired selection.  That should do it.

bhoffman67

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 02:26:16 PM »

"in AHP" ???  I'm running Vanguard and there is no TOOLS, PREFERENCES, GEN VIDEO items.

bhoffman67

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:56:50 AM »

Again, there must have been some assumptions here.  I'm not running Windows Vista, I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, SP2.

And what is AHP?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 11:18:13 AM »

Again, there must have been some assumptions here.  I'm not running Windows Vista, I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, SP2.

The inappropriate / topic hi-jacking post above by mikenjody most likely lead to the confusion of your original post. Maybe a CO can delete that post.

You did post your question in the correct topic location, but unfortunately, this does not always happen. So it's always good to state what application you are using when requesting help.

I don't use Vanguard myself, but others do and someone will eventually read your post who can provide some help.

And what is AHP?

ActiveHomePro (AHP) is another software package by X10 that also has the capability to control & monitor cameras over the internet.

bhoffman67

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 04:50:38 PM »

So is ActiveHome Pro (AHP) an upgrade to the Vanguard software?  I read a post somewhere on these forums that the differences were only the skin (how the program looked, not how they functioned).  Is this true or not??

bhoffman67

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:36:50 PM »

I'd guess both products are just as bug ridden.

Maybe yall outta spend some time in TESTING before attempting to sell one copy of Vanguard.

Called for my RMA, sending everything back due to both hardware and software failures.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.