Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to turn Macors "on" or "off" ?  (Read 6740 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
How to turn Macors "on" or "off" ?
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:55:56 PM »

Seems that the "on" and "off" buttons on an addressed macro refer to the "addressed" unit being on or off, and not to whether the macro is enabled or disabled.
So, is there any simple way to enable/disable macros?

...and - I'm reading a lot about dimming and conditionals - and I'm even more confused.  And yes, I started life as a programmer - trying to dismiss logic is challenging... ::)
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: How to turn Macors "on" or "off" ?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:54:43 PM »

Macros get started when the trigger address (either Off or On which ever you specify) is received. They run their duration till end of cycle or 4 & 1/2 hours which ever comes first. Now if you have the Smartmacro plug-in you can specify conditions which will allow that macro to only run if conditions are met!
There is no OFF button to stop a macro!  :( However you can stop all macros with the "Purge Delayed Macros Events" located under "Tools"
If you wish to activate a macro without actually turning on/off a device you need to create a Phantom module.
You don't have to dismiss logic just understand X10s  ;) :D ::)
To help understand some issues read Topic: X10 Issues? Please Read This First!  (Read 24582 times) if you haven't allready! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: How to turn Macros "on" or "off" ?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:46:35 PM »

??? replied but didn't post???....

Thanks - I understand - and I have all the Plug-ins (iWitness/MyHouse/OnAlert/SmartMacros)

If the "Library" part of AHP worked - that would help.  Sometimes I want a set of macros to be active, other times not.  Without using phantoms & flags, I can only delete and recreate - until a library functionality becomes reality.... :-\
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 05:28:04 PM »

Flags are your friends  ;) ;D

When you have a tool available, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to use it.  ???

Flags are reliable controls for determining when and which macros get executed. They can ensure the macros behave the way you want when you are at home, away, day, night, etc.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 05:48:54 PM »

As Puck stated:
Flags are your friends   ;) ;D

When you have a tool available, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to use it. ??? 

The "Macro library" was added for purchased X10 designed macros which never took off!
If your looking for working macro samples read the section:
If you need more info on creating your own macros using the SmartMacro plug-in including the product manual check the wiki

If you have a macro already designed  and working but not sure how or what conditions to use. Post it along with a detailed description and what your trying to achieve! The likely hood that another user can help you are very high! ;) ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.