Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Exasperating difficulty with registerring AH Professional  (Read 5320 times)

sashaeagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Exasperating difficulty with registerring AH Professional
« on: August 10, 2006, 02:06:43 PM »

I've recently bought MultiView and Active Home Professional with iWitness.  I downloaded the installation programs and installed them Tuesday evening.  MultiView was a piece of cake.  However, Active Home Pro wasn't.. it become a real pain.  ???  I'm praying that someone out there has experienced this and "fixed it".  As I said, I downloaded the installation file, and then installed the applications.  MultiView's icon appeared on my desktop, but there was nothing for AHP.  So, I searched my computer, nothing.  The AHP window was there asking for registration numbers.  Being as I had put my printout of X10's email in a safe place, and had to remember where that safe place was, I gave up for the evening, shut my computer down.  Wednesday after work, I went in (still no icon) and downloaded the AHP application again, enterred the registration numbers (now mind you the email doesn't say iWitness number is, and AHP number is, no it says:  video and network) so I did eneny, meney, miney, mo, and put the -1 in for AHP and the -2 in for iWitness.  The -2 worked, and it registerred.  The -1 didn't.  I called x10 and after I told her my story, a really nice gal told me to reboot.  I did.  When I logged in to my ISP, it told me that an application was using the com port and that I should close the application and try again.  HELP!!  There isn't any applications running in my computer that I can find.  This has to be connected with the AHP install.  Anyone out there have this problem?  When I called x10 this morning, the tech said that she'd never heard of this before and would have to put the problem to a level 2 tech.  Oh joy!!!  I'd sure appreciate any help you have to offer.  Thanks.

Wondering44

Re: Exasperating difficulty with registerring AH Professional
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 12:52:50 PM »

I only caught part of this issue and haven't read the whole entire story, but wanted to offer my input (for what that's worth). Have you checked your cameras various settings to see if they are on "covert"? Some cameras have the capability of transmitting and/or recording what they see, without it showing up on your view screen. Actually, I read this elsewhere, and was surprised to know that it was an option to choose from when setting the cameras up. If someone should run across your system, find the cameras and disconnect them, they won't find the ones "not showing up" on the view screen, as they are not set to show themselves on the view screen. Again, this is within the control settings options. Good luck with your camera issues. I hope you can resolve them.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:38:40 PM »

sashaeagle
I'm not sure why you need Multiview as AHP will do every thing it will with the Plug-ins. ???

A couple of issues that maybe happening here!
Multiview requires the CM17A which uses a comport! (I don't use multiview so it may have been updated to use the CM15A)
Multiview also uses Firecracker software which can't run on a machine with AHP installed (or at least not while AHP is running)

If you installed Multiview first this maybe the issue!
If you have the CM17A plugged in to the PC remove it then reboot and try logging into your ISP.

As for the AHP icon not showing up . It has been ages since I installed AHP but if I remember originaly in never created one. If you have an old install file that might be the issue updating to a newer version should fix it or create one!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 06:24:25 PM »

sashaeagle posted the OP on August 10, 2006 and never came back.  :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 06:43:47 PM »

sashaeagle posted the OP on August 10, 2006 and never came back.  :(
So very true!:-[
Or at least they never logged in ::) and only viewed the forums as a guest! Waiting and waiting for a reply! :(
However since others may  experience this issue a reply was needed! Wondering44 did some digging and replied to a thread that had slipped through the cracks for which I admire! ;) :D ;D
Welcome aboard Wondering44 ;) ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Wondering44

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 12:50:18 PM »

Thank you Tuicemen. Glad to be here...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.