Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So who is selling this software??  (Read 7107 times)

fsmith1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
So who is selling this software??
« on: September 15, 2007, 07:55:09 PM »

Purchased the AHP s/w from site:  http://www.activehomepro.com

They send you an email with a authorization to download the s/w.

After downloading the s/w and installing, it asks for the authorization code.

Put it in and it says "Authorization complete", EXCEPT IT LISTS THE S/W
as registered to "TIM FOREMAN".   I am not Tim Foreman, and my emails to them go
unanswered???

Are these people legit and what if anything can I do to get the s/w registered
in my name???

Thanks
Frank

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: So who is selling this software??
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 09:00:46 PM »

Purchased the AHP s/w from site:  http://www.activehomepro.com

They send you an email with a authorization to download the s/w.

After downloading the s/w and installing, it asks for the authorization code.

Put it in and it says "Authorization complete", EXCEPT IT LISTS THE S/W
as registered to "TIM FOREMAN".   I am not Tim Foreman, and my emails to them go
unanswered???

Are these people legit and what if anything can I do to get the s/w registered
in my name???

Thanks
Frank

Strange you would get that from what appears to be an official X-10 company website.  Were you redirected there from an eBay site?

I've purchased AHP plugins from "The Home Automation Store" which is the eBay store of an authorized X10 retailer.  The proprietor is TIM FOREHAND, and my plugins are shown as registered to him, which seems to be the way X-10's registration software works and is apparently legit.

You should save the installer stub you downloaded.  If you have to reinstall you can use it again (up to 10 times I believe).

(If the registered name on your AHP is in fact TIM FOREHAND (not FOREMAN), you can email him at support@authinx.com)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

fsmith1

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 08:56:32 PM »

OK, I guess??  Yes, it is listed as Tim Forehand and I did email him, but without response.  If other have their s/w lic. to him, I guess it is ok.

Certainly will keep the payment notification and authorization codes.

Thanks
Frank

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 09:41:04 PM »

I think the lesson here is to buy only from X10 at http://www.activehomepro.com.  My AHP was bought direct from there and it is registered to me.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

timforehand

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 09:55:07 PM »

We are as the post says authorized resellers and we do reply to all emails unfortunately many times emails are caught in spam filters which is what happened in the case of this user and the issue was resolved after communicating with the user.

Thanks,
Tim Forehand

Perseus

• Professor & Private Attorney
Tim Foreman WAS Re: So who is selling this software??
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 09:05:53 AM »

Frank,

I have the same experience of emails being ignored.

I bought the Smart-Macro on eBay from these people.

I paid with PayPal last week, and I have not received a link, email, or anything.

I write to support@authinx.com and receive a canned reply that I will hear from them in 1 day. Bogus - nothing has happened. I am about to file a complaint with eBay and PayPal for fraud.
America believes in education: the average professor earns more money in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week.   - Evan Esar

Perseus

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 08:55:55 AM »

Finally, after almost a week, I received a real reply with a llink to download the software. I received an authorization code, but the software is registered to Tim Forehand. The vendor claims this is how the X-10 remarketer program works, but it seems like warz to me.
America believes in education: the average professor earns more money in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week.   - Evan Esar

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 12:46:28 PM »

Finally, after almost a week, I received a real reply with a llink to download the software. I received an authorization code, but the software is registered to Tim Forehand. The vendor claims this is how the X-10 remarketer program works, but it seems like warz to me.

It is a little weird, but that is in fact how it works if you buy X10 software from someone other than X10. The registration for X10 software is tied to the name and email address of the person who purchased it from X10. The reseller doesn't have a choice in that. There's nothing illegitimate about the registration being in Tim Forehand's name. If you want your own name on it, though, you'll have to purchase from X10 directly.

Perseus

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 01:47:36 PM »

It is a little weird, but that is in fact how it works if you buy X10 software from someone other than X10. The registration for X10 software is tied to the name and email address of the person who purchased it from X10. The reseller doesn't have a choice in that. There's nothing illegitimate about the registration being in Tim Forehand's name. If you want your own name on it, though, you'll have to purchase from X10 directly.

Considering the cartoon nature of the X10 website, having a product registration that seems like WARZ is no surprize.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 06:38:54 PM »

That may be why sites like Automated Outlet will not sell the CM15A/AHP combination.

zach1234

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 07:28:38 PM »

Really its pirated software. Someone should call x10 at 18006753044 they can look it up in there system see how many are registered and get the scammer.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 09:15:37 PM »

Really its pirated software. Someone should call x10 at 18006753044 they can look it up in there system see how many are registered and get the scammer.

Wrong again!!!

MichaelC explained fully what has happened.  It's resold software, not stolen.

That's why I just "dinged" you with an unheplful.

zach1234

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 06:10:56 PM »

Ding me ALL YOU WANT, I wont go crying to the moderator to get them reset like you did. Ok have a great day, DING DONG.

There sorry everone that had to witness that.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 06:58:42 PM by Priority Support »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.