Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Won't turn off problem"  (Read 10408 times)

RHahm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
"Won't turn off problem"
« on: January 08, 2008, 01:51:53 PM »

Hi,

I have my driveway lights (4 posts ~ 500watts) pluged into an X10 wall module which I placed on the incoming cable as there was no on/off switch, just an electric eye on the first post to turn them off during the day. 

The lights frequently don't respond to an off code.  I can hear the module making noise.  Is there too much wattage to turn the module off?

I added an x-10 phase booster to my fuse box, this helped with some other modules but not the driveway lights.

I read the FAQ, but I don't think this a noise problem as the module seems to hear the commands.  Should I replace the module or use an appliance module?

thanks for any advice

RH

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: "Won't turn off problem"
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 04:07:59 PM »

I feel it is the electric eye that is messing things up. As the wall switch steals power through the load.
Will an appliance module work better. Hard to say but at least it does not have to steal power through the load.

RHahm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: "Won't turn off problem"
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 05:39:33 PM »

I feel it is the electric eye that is messing things up. As the wall switch steals power through the load.
Will an appliance module work better. Hard to say but at least it does not have to steal power through the load.

thanks - I'll give that a try

RH

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.