Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: setting up cams to be seen online  (Read 11563 times)

nacho32

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
setting up cams to be seen online
« on: January 09, 2008, 06:48:34 PM »

Ok i hope some one could help me I have a friend that has a Bar or tavern, he wants  wire less camera's installed and wants to see it online through the internet, he bought the stuff a year ago, I see no type of package , like the funx10 package deal just has a list of stuff, on the invoice.   it has
3 wireless cameras
1 mini transceiver
1 vcr controller
1 camera scanning remote
1 video to usb adapter
1 video receiver

I know how to how to take a usb camera and create a server with, windows media encoder. So I have a basic  Idea
but what software do I need to down load here to do this.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: setting up cams to be seen online
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »

If your buddy is content at just viewing pic and not streaming video the you can get the free XrayVision software and  the firecracker serial port interface  (CM17A)
If streaming video is needed then Vanguard or Multiview software along with a firecracker USB interface (CM19A) will work!
If more control is needed lights ,appliances and cams the Active Home Pro and all plug-in kit[/url] will work(comes with a USB interface CM15A)
Note: You can find the Active Home Pro kit usually on sale for $49 and iWitness is part of the package ;)
For more info on these and other X10 Cam software packages and prices click here
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nacho32

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 09:14:25 PM »

Ok I have the fire cracker , device but where is the software, will it have to be purchased?, I did not see ir in their selection, if it does have to be purchased I will more or less tell him he wasted his money with this setup, I could have done the same thing to broadcast online for about 40 bucks, so far I'm not impressed at what I have seen of this product

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »

Ok I have the fire cracker , device but where is the software, will it have to be purchased?, I did not see ir in their selection, if it does have to be purchased I will more or less tell him he wasted his money with this setup, I could have done the same thing to broadcast online for about 40 bucks, so far I'm not impressed at what I have seen of this product
Which firecracker device do you have model # and which type of software you want live video or pics only?
That info is needed before I can recommend free software, xrayvision software is in the link I provided above!
If you wish to use it you need both the server and remote software!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nacho32

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »

Which firecracker device do you have model # and which type of software you want live video or pics only?
That info is needed before I can recommend free software, xrayvision software is in the link I provided above!
If you wish to use it you need both the server and remote software!

Rf fire craker interface cm17a-c

witch for streaming online I see this plug has no use, male to female ::)
I need video live stream
but jpeg if in a flash format is not out of the qestion.
now if I have to down load 3 diffrent software and or programs to do this , this is not worth it as long as I can get my XP OS to reconize the camera I can do a truve windows media video stream with sound with just windows media encoder, as I said I'm not impressed with this camera package or software
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 10:26:35 PM by nacho32 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »

The CM17A is not used for video feed. It is used to tell each cam if it needs to be on or off via a RF signal from the firecracker software! this is in turn changed to a PLC signal by the  mini transceiver (TM751) ;)
The VA11A is used for the video feed!
Unfortunately the only X10 cam software I'm aware of that can make use of the CM17A is the Xray vision software(and that doesn't do video streaming)! :(
If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me!

I understand your frustration with finding the software needed but not all x10 packages come with software!
If you need live video you can still make your own program utilizing the X10 hardware!
You will need to utilize x10 code to activate the cams and switch between them!
Since you know how to make a USB cam work (create a server with, windows media encoder) you treat the VA11A adaptor as the USB cam!
The yellow RCA plug from the VA11A is plugged into the video video receiver this receives signals from which ever cam is turned on! ;)
Hope this helps!
Good luck!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nacho32

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »

well so far I'm really unhappy with this product , If I can get Xp recognize this camera I will just use windows media encoder.
the customer support is horrible,  hardware is cheap made China crap.
I could have done the same thing with a 30 dollar usb camera lol and the website is horrible .......

but thanks to those who replied I will never suggest business with this company to anyone
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 07:45:19 PM by nacho32 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 10:35:40 PM »

You don't need Xp to recognize the cam just the VA11A since it is the capture device. Any cam can then be used with it as long as the RCA plug will plug into the cam! ;) Since you plan on using the wireless cams you need the VA11A pluged into the video receiver.
Windows moviemaker sees it so I don't think you'll have a problem! ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:37:33 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nacho32

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 06:04:42 PM »

You don't need Xp to recognize the cam just the VA11A since it is the capture device. Any cam can then be used with it as long as the RCA plug will plug into the cam! ;) Since you plan on using the wireless cams you need the VA11A pluged into the video receiver.
Windows moviemaker sees it so I don't think you'll have a problem! ;)

ok I have the wireless cam pluged in and the vr36a reciver pluged into my computer in device manager it shows it needs drivers, if I select twain source through a program , I see the camera then I select it with erro sorry can't select source due to driver not installed

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »

OK windows usually sees the VA11A device as an Intel cam you'll need to install the X10 Drivers: VA11A, VA10A, CM19A, VT37A (second download on the page) ;)
I'm not sure if downloading and installing these will auto detect the VA11A or if you'll have to specify anything!
It should install the drivers to C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture   ;)
If you have already installed any X10 video software the drivers should already be in this location!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nacho32

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »

OK windows usually sees the VA11A device as an Intel cam you'll need to install the X10 Drivers: VA11A, VA10A, CM19A, VT37A (second download on the page) ;)
I'm not sure if downloading and installing these will auto detect the VA11A or if you'll have to specify anything!
It should install the drivers to C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture   ;)
If you have already installed any X10 video software the drivers should already be in this location!

I installed the drivers but it still show not recognized in device manager, if I click update driver it ask for a location, where are the drivers located?>

the only way I got this to work is by connecting the video receiver into composit in on my tv tuner card, I shouldn't have to do that grrr
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:47:37 PM by nacho32 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 07:12:28 PM »

If you don't have A VA11A then the only way is to set up your video threw your TV card as You are doing! :(
The video receiver will not plug into a PC with out a Video capture device of some sort which your TV card or the VA11A is! :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nacho32

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 07:32:46 PM »

If you don't have A VA11A then the only way is to set up your video threw your TV card as You are doing! :(
The video receiver will not plug into a PC with out a Video capture device of some sort which your TV card or the VA11A is! :(

I have that, but windows XP dose recognize the camera i get a Intel pro or a NT 1003 under twain source lol,

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »

I have that, but windows XP dose recognize the camera i get a Intel pro or a NT 1003 under twain source lol,

OK! With the VA11A hooked up go into your Device Manager click on Imaging Devices
Next select the Intel device ( Intel PC cam if I remember right)  ::)
Right click on it and then click on update driver
At the update wizard click no not at this time then next.
At the next screen click install from a list or specific location(advanced) click next.
At the next screen click don't  search.....click next then have disk
Here type in C:Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture click next the VA11A will show up in the next window click next
Next window says it hasn't passed..... with a warning...bal bal..., click continue anyways

That should allow you to see the VA11A as a capture device through your cam program!;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nacho32

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 09:05:48 AM »

OK! With the VA11A hooked up go into your Device Manager click on Imaging Devices
Next select the Intel device ( Intel PC cam if I remember right)  ::)
Right click on it and then click on update driver
At the update wizard click no not at this time then next.
At the next screen click install from a list or specific location(advanced) click next.
At the next screen click don't  search.....click next then have disk
Here type in C:Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture click next the VA11A will show up in the next window click next
Next window says it hasn't passed..... with a warning...bal bal..., click continue anyways

That should allow you to see the VA11A as a capture device through your cam program!;)

thanks that was correct on the location
C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall

[edited by Tuicemen to fix quote]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 11:40:57 AM by Tuicemen »
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.