Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: noob here  (Read 5770 times)

makin copies

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
noob here
« on: January 11, 2008, 01:01:50 AM »

I have been here for a couple months now and recently made a x10 purchase. I received my day nite super system w/ wireless cams 2 color and 2 low light b&w with va11a and software in mid december. It only took me a few days to get everything working.
I'm happy with what i got and what i paid for it. Other than the stability issues with multi view and the image quality of the color cams and the low light cams needing more light than i would have thought, its all working for me.
I got the x10 bug now cuz I'm thinkin about my next purchase. ???

I'm thinkin i need better software and or better quality cams compatible with what i already got.
I got a trial of py software's active webcam. http://www.pysoft.com  kind of cool but its 30 bucks 
and i could not get it to cycle thru the 4 cams like multi view does, i can manually go thru cams with the camera remote cr12a.
Anyone got advise on compatible software or cams be it x10 or other.
thx

swat253

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: noob here
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 12:01:14 AM »

Have you been able to access it online from a remote location?

makin copies

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 01:31:41 AM »

I don't have static ip so I'm not using webview yet. It seems to me there is better software than webview which is what i got with my hardware.
I was just lookin at vangard for $99

http://www.x10.com/affiliate_pages/x10indie/cameranetworksoftwaresurveillance_c_sw26a_pak.html?AffiliateID=x10_11165386421

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 04:59:07 PM »

Quote from: makin copies
I got the x10 bug now cuz I'm thinkin about my next purchase.

Since you now have the "X10 Bug" do not look at Vangaurd or one of the cam only software Flavors!
Take A look at Active Home Pro (AHP)with all the plug-ins! This package can usually be found for $49 as a deal from X10!
Hint look in the Daily Specials at www.X10.com   there is a promotion on for it right now!
Since you already have the VA11A your set for camera integration with all other Home automation available fro X10 with Active Home Pro!
True you may not find the best video quality with X10 cams but you can still utilize other hardware(cams)! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

makin copies

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 01:04:21 AM »

Thank you!
I just placed an order for AHP ;D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.