Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lukwerks powerline cameras  (Read 78779 times)

dahur

• Helpful Post Rating: 10
Re: Lukwerks powerline cameras
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 12:54:29 AM »

Dahur
I am really thinking of purchasing this system. I have a few questions
1 How wide of an angle for an outdoor camera
2) Pictures at night
3 picture out  the window at night with the indoor camera
Thanks John
Also do you have any other pictures posted of know were I can find more real use pictures

John,
1. I believe the angle of view is 80 degrees for all their cameras. You can get a wide angle lens the for indoor camera from Wilife.
2. They are good down to 2 lux. I have found if it is pitch black out, no moon or other lighting, then I get about nothing from the cameras. However, if you have just a little light from somewhere, the cameras do what I think, is a fantastic job.
3. There is only a little distortion of going through the window. I plan on getting the IR lens that Wilife sells for the indoor camera, and installing my led illuminator, for night time capability.  if you don't have any outside lighting, you don't pick up much from the camera at night.
If you go to YouTube, and type in Lukwerks, there are dozen or so videos, and I think there is a night time one too.

dahur

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 01:41:06 PM »

Thanks
I Got mine yesterday and all looks great. There are just to things I have questions about
Is there ANY way to get the program to run on Vista 64-bit?
And why when to go to remote view does it only let you view for 3 mins. If I had more then one camera would it cycle back and fourth?

Thanks and again The system was a snap to install and pictures look great

I have XP, I don't know about running on Vista. I'd send off an e-mail to Wilife tech support. They always got back to me within 24. hours.
On  the remote viewing from another computer, you can click on "view all", or "cycle". I click on "view all", and then click the play button. All five camera views then come on line in the same window. 
I'm not sure about the 3 minutes. One time I noticed a counter counting down from 3 minutes, but it was only that one time. The other 6 or 7 times I've used the remote viewing, there was no countdown.
One thing I don't really care for, is they have an "platinum", firmware upgrade. It's about $80 per year. It offers pan and tilt, and zoom options for the cameras, a desktop verbal alert when motion is detected, and a few other things. I e-mailed them, and said if they had a one time charge for this, I would consider it. Their reply back, was at this time there were no plans for a one time charge.  So it's not worth it to me to pay a $80 per year charge. 

I'm glad to hear you had an easy install, and  have a great picture. I suspect you'll be getting additional cameras, as I did.

dahur

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 10:58:55 PM »

Dahur,

Do you know if you can use a regular web on this system or any other camera?  Also do you know if you can use any other software with the camera's.

You were correct I did go ahead and add a second once a got going and not plan to ad more. I was going to wait to see when the outdoor infrared camera was coming out

Thanks John

I haven't investigated using a web hosting for the cameras, or other software. It works for what I need it for, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. But if you find out anything about that, please let me know.

I just completed an auction on Ebay for an IR lens for the indoor camera.  Soon as I get that and install it, I'll review how it works.  There is an advantage of having the camera inside the house looking out(as long as the window is clean), no one can mess with it, including the weather.
Their site says they will have an IR outdoor one, but I haven't heard when. 

dahur

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 02:55:41 PM »

Yesterday, I received the IR lens for the indoor camera.  It was just a matter of unscrewing the old lens, and screwing in the new.
With the IR lens in, the daytime picture looks a little washed out, but is completely viewable. I attached the camera via it's mounting suction cup, to the inside of my garage door window, which faces the backyard deck. 
The nighttime IR capabilities are very good. It looks like I have a spotlight shining on my deck. The IR Illuminator lights up everything for at least 50 feet away.  I'm sure many are familiar with, and have used IR cameras before. This is my first experience using them, and I'm amazed you can't see any of this illumination, except on the monitor. The source glows a very faint red, but that's it.

dahur

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 03:31:20 PM »

Your pictures are coming in great. Real good quality.
I've never ordered anything from the Wilife site. Everything I've got has come from either Ebay or going to MySimon.
The IR lens I got on auction from Ebay ($30 with an IR illuminator). I bought 2 140 led illuminators for about $65 with shipping on Ebay.
I've seen the 120 degree lenses are on Ebay, and Amazon
If you keep checking around, you can get any of the stuff for less than on the Wilife site.

Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.