Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: rca splitter  (Read 15848 times)

Rmurphy1061

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
rca splitter
« on: January 13, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »

I have several wired and wireless cameras. I failed to investigate enough to find out that my home wireless network interfears with the signal so that is my bust as not all wireless networks do this. I am converting  to a wired camera system which seems to work fine. my bossman has decided to use the same setup at work but we have a concern with the splitter. 16 cameras are going to take ALOT of RCA splitters. each camera has to have its own power supply to id the camera so i cant use a rj-11 splitter. the only other choice is the RCA splitter. I have yet to find a 16 to 1 distribution unit without spent more than the whole camera package will cost.  Has anybody found a way around this? Can I build a build a bridge without loosing or corrupting the signaland if so, does anybody have a schematic or drawing of one they built?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: rca splitter
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:41:22 AM »

I have to admit... I am not sure exactly what your problem is. But I do hate to see a post drift-away UN-replied to.

I combine my cameras in a "central" area.... then modulate the signal to re-distribute it through my home... using an signal-sensing auto-switcher (<link).

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: rca splitter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:40:08 AM »

Since each can only transmites a signal when powered ON, splitters won't be a problem! ;)
With 16 cams you will probably have to build your own if you stick with the RC11 connection!
Besides using RCA splitters you could also use Cat 5 connectors!
Doing a search on google will turn up many devices for this, however you may need to use two in order to accommodate 16 cams!
If you don't wish to use X10 to control your cams power you may wish to look into something like a MULTIPLEXER
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.