Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Does the Ps561 trancieve All 16 devices on a single housecode.  (Read 11489 times)

Agent99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Does the Ps561 trancieve All 16 devices on a single housecode.
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:21:15 PM »

I have read through the various posts o this subject and am no clear about how the ps561 works. I know that it can control some lights or modules using regular x-10 commands but its unclear to me just how that all works. If you set a house code to say F can you control all units on that house code or just the ones registered to the ps561. In other words can the console be used like a transceiver for basic x-10 commands using a standard x-10 remote.
Dave
IF your not using BVC your missing all the fun

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Does the Ps561 trancieve All 16 devices on a single housecode.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »

Yes you can use the PS561 as a 16 unit single house code transceiver.

There are no X10 unit code devices registered to the PS561, just security modules.

Keep one thing in mind though, when the alarm is triggered, the unit will send out All Units Off commands; so anything like a camera set to the same housecode will be turned off in the event of a break in... not good.  ;)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:33:56 PM »

Keep one thing in mind though, when the alarm is triggered, the unit will send out All Units Off commands; so anything like a camera set to the same housecode will be turned off in the event of a break in... not good.  ;)

True for lamp and appliance modules, but the X10 code-wheel  camera power supplies I have don't respond to an All Units Off signal, probably for just that reason.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 08:54:32 PM »

...the X10 code-wheel  camera power supplies I have don't respond to an All Units Off signal, probably for just that reason.

That's good to know, and makes sense. If the DS7000 is your only transceiver it is a comfort to know the regular addressable power supplies are immune to these signals.

The majority of my cameras are controlled by appliance modules so I always kept them on their own housecode to keep them as isolated as possible from any device that can create an X10 signal.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.