Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WS4777 Soft Start??  (Read 2328 times)

Hueyt

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
WS4777 Soft Start??
« on: January 23, 2008, 08:03:19 PM »

I love the sexy soft start wall switches that are now out.  Why in God's name can't we get a 3 way switch to do this.   There's nothing better than when my motion sensor detects me coming into the kitchen and the light eases on up to 50% where I leave it.  Then I walk into the hall and the motion sensor turns on my hall lights abruptly to 100% like I'm some kind of burglar!  Talk about a bad mood at 2 in the morning!  My wife won't shut up about it! >:( >:(

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: WS4777 Soft Start??
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:38:02 PM »

I love the sexy soft start wall switches that are now out.  Why in God's name can't we get a 3 way switch to do this.   There's nothing better than when my motion sensor detects me coming into the kitchen and the light eases on up to 50% where I leave it.  Then I walk into the hall and the motion sensor turns on my hall lights abruptly to 100% like I'm some kind of burglar!  Talk about a bad mood at 2 in the morning!  My wife won't shut up about it! >:( >:(

Do you know for a fact that X-10 hasn't shipped any WS4777's with soft start?  (Nobody, including X-10, seems to have any idea what's being shipped or what their plans are.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Hueyt

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: WS4777 Soft Start??
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »

I emailed Eric and all he knows is that they don't do it!  I'm kind of putting a bit of hope in Michael up in Washington to get the guys at X10 to get on the ball.  I emailed him personally!  I feel it's just a matter of time.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.