Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: platinum remote  (Read 3890 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
platinum remote
« on: January 24, 2008, 12:30:34 PM »

Hi,
Is there a way to control the VCR's INPUT via this remote, or do I have to carry around the VCR's remote wherever I go?

caudill22

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: platinum remote
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »

Which Platinum remote do you have UR74A or UR73A? If you have the UR74A it is a learning remote, so you could use the original VCR remote to program any of the Platinum remote keys to act as the input button. If you have the UR73A then it is not a learning remote, therefore if none of the keys act as the input button you are probably out of luck. I have the Platinum UR74A, however I do not use the VCR button, but I have programmed several of my cable button keys using my original cable remote to do functions missing from the Platinum remote.

birdzeye

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 06:59:10 PM »

It's a UR73A 5 in 1 platinum remote. :'(

caudill22

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »

Sounds like you may be out of luck. You may want to get the UR74A, because it is a learning remote and you will never have to worry about a device code working again. You can program any button to learn the function of an old remote. You can find them on eBay for about $10 so they're not that expensive. Let me know how it works out.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 07:00:28 PM »

OK, dumb question.... have you tried all the buttons?  Sometimes I have found functions on buttons having a totally unrelated label.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

birdzeye

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 04:16:50 PM »

OK, dumb question.... have you tried all the buttons?  Sometimes I have found functions on buttons having a totally unrelated label.

I figured it out! For anyone who cares, I have to press the VCR button, then the DOWN button and that takes me to my cameras. Then if I want to switch back to the TV, press the VCR button, then 03.

This remote is actually quite good. I'm impressed. ;D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.